Olympus EM5 IIs Opinions

By Tuesday we will have in stock again the new E-M1Mark 3, E-M1x, the fastest camera on the market, the 45-150mm 2.8 lens. Getting a huge Olympus delivery, all models

Hows this camera now that you've had it for 8 months? ive been looking into this a first camera. is that lense in the bundle plenty good for a beginner?

The lens in the kit is not the typical entry level kit lens. This lens sells on its own for $599.99 and is weatherproof, no other "kit" lens is in this class. Feel free to call me. We still have it on special, The E-M5 Mark II with the 14-150 for $849.99

Joel
516-217-1000

The E-M5 MK2 is hd, not 4K. The Mark 3 is 4K and is as good as any crop sensor camera on the market and the only fully weatherproof as Canon, Sony and Nikon don't have weatherproof crop sensor lenses

Going to bump this as I was just gifted a E-M5ii with the 7-14 F2.8 (a realtor retired so it was only used lightly indoors). I currently shoot a Panasonic GX85 and have a handful of cheap lenses (12-32, 25 f1.7, 45-150). 90% of the time I have the 45-150 lens on and use my phone for wide angle/landscape. I’m excited to move to a dust-resistant combo but need a zoom.

Any feedback on the Oly 12-200 f3.5-6.3? I like to shoot kids in action, wildlife, and aircraft pretty much all handheld. Lighter is better, but sharp when zoomed is a priority too. I’d consider selling the 7-14 to fund a nice zoom since it’s so heavy.

The 12-200 is a terrific lens. We brought in a bunch for Christmas sales and have 1 left. Very sharp and the Olympus camera focuses extremely fast.
Through the end of this month there is a $150 Instant Savings, $899.00-$150.00= $749.00, the Rokslide price would be on this lens, we got a holiday deal, $674.99. Normally members would pay $709.99

I am here until 5:45 if you have any questions

The 12-200 is a terrific lens. We brought in a bunch for Christmas sales and have 1 left. Very sharp and the Olympus camera focuses extremely fast.
Through the end of this month there is a $150 Instant Savings, $899.00-$150.00= $749.00, the Rokslide price would be on this lens, we got a holiday deal, $674.99. Normally members would pay $709.99

I am here until 5:45 if you have any questions
Thanks, that's a great deal but I'm not sure if I'm ready to pull the trigger yet. it seems like a lot of the reviews for "all in one" zooms like these are good sharpness on the wide end but drops off quick as you get to mid-max zoom which is the opposite of what I want.

The Oly 75-300 isnt weather sealed, all the other zoom glass is too heavy for what I am looking for. Something 45-150/200 is probably what I am looking for, willing to give up wide for better zoom but don't want to give up mid-range by starting at 100mm like the Panasonic 100-300.

Olympus has the 40-150mm 2.8, normally $1499.99-150.00 rebate to $1349.99. I can do it for you for $1249.99 while they are in stock

OP
marshland_max
Hey! Its a fun camera I really enjoy mine! Biggest thing is carrying. I have it set up to carry on my pack strap, but I find I like it better in my bag and then I use it when I stop mostly and of course grip and grins!

Cheers! Its a great camera!

Bumping this as I am really struggling with this new-to-me EM5II. I use C-AF (with and without tracking) a lot on my GX85 and I just can't get it to work on the Olympus. It's constantly hunting for focus and if you don't instantly hit the release once it locks it will start hunting again and your picture will be out of focus.

My backyard is over a flight path with various military planes so I like to run out when I hear a jet approaching and snap a few pictures. If I have it on burst maybe 1 out of 10 will be in focus vs. all 10 on the Panasonic. I took it on a hike and ran across a cow at 75 yards, and it couldn't get a lock on a stationary cow! Then a helicopter came overhead and again, it wouldn't lock on. Forget about kids sports or auto racing, by the time it focuses the action is over.

Reading on DPReview forum seems to indicate this is a somewhat normal function and most users rapidly focus in S-AF to mimic C-AF which seems silly. Does anyone else have success with C-AF on the EM5II or even the EM5III?

I have reached out to my Olympus rep. As soon as I hear back, he's traveling today, I will get back to you. We have many local birders that have this camera and do not experience this, as you describe.

As soon as he calls me I will get back to you

Bumping this as I am really struggling with this new-to-me EM5II. I use C-AF (with and without tracking) a lot on my GX85 and I just can't get it to work on the Olympus. It's constantly hunting for focus and if you don't instantly hit the release once it locks it will start hunting again and your picture will be out of focus.

My backyard is over a flight path with various military planes so I like to run out when I hear a jet approaching and snap a few pictures. If I have it on burst maybe 1 out of 10 will be in focus vs. all 10 on the Panasonic. I took it on a hike and ran across a cow at 75 yards, and it couldn't get a lock on a stationary cow! Then a helicopter came overhead and again, it wouldn't lock on. Forget about kids sports or auto racing, by the time it focuses the action is over.

Reading on DPReview forum seems to indicate this is a somewhat normal function and most users rapidly focus in S-AF to mimic C-AF which seems silly. Does anyone else have success with C-AF on the EM5II or even the EM5III?

I took a really bad video of the issue with both my phone and camera off-hand, hard to keep both subjects in frame! But it shows the constant hunting in C-AF I was trying to explain. You will just have to trust me that it does this even when I’m not double fisting cameras :LOL: