Olympus TG5

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Just got my shipping notice on the Olympus TG5 can't wait to start snapping photos again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd like to see what your opinion is on the camera after using it a bit. I have had two TG cameras (can't recall which # they were) over the years, the first took awesome shots, even underwater, until the seals leaked. It didn't ruin the electronics but all my pics were foggy after that. The second one, I should have returned from day one but I needed it for a trip. It had to have been a Monday camera or something but it never took pictures as well as the first TG we owned, I quit carrying it when I was getting better pictures with an iPhone. I liked the cameras though for size, ruggedness, and easy use. This new one has some cool features that mine did not.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I'd like to see what your opinion is on the camera after using it a bit. I have had two TG cameras (can't recall which # they were) over the years, the first took awesome shots, even underwater, until the seals leaked. It didn't ruin the electronics but all my pics were foggy after that. The second one, I should have returned from day one but I needed it for a trip. It had to have been a Monday camera or something but it never took pictures as well as the first TG we owned, I quit carrying it when I was getting better pictures with an iPhone. I liked the cameras though for size, ruggedness, and easy use. This new one has some cool features that mine did not.

I will post up some pics once I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope yours is tougher than mine was. The tab that holds the battery broke. Then the tab on the battery door broke, and now the camera won't turn on. It could be related to the battery not seating correctly? It's too bad bc I really liked it and it worked great on my spotter. I need to give them a call about it, but I'm not expecting to much.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
I hope yours is tougher than mine was. The tab that holds the battery broke. Then the tab on the battery door broke, and now the camera won't turn on. It could be related to the battery not seating correctly? It's too bad bc I really liked it and it worked great on my spotter. I need to give them a call about it, but I'm not expecting to much.

Actually MT, Their Customer service is awesome. I used a buddy of mines TG4 on our trip since all my gear got dropped into the ocean including my DSLR. He had issue with the Ring coming off around the lens, he called Olympus and they sent him an entire box of these rings free of charge and where super cool about it. So from my understanding their repair warranty service is really good. You got the right plan, give them a ring and test out their customer service.

Night_owl

FNG
Curious how recent you placed your order? I also ordered a Tg 5. I'm kind of in limbo waiting, I didn't place the order until 6-14 unaware they were so back ordered.

OP
SHTF

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Curious how recent you placed your order? I also ordered a Tg 5. I'm kind of in limbo waiting, I didn't place the order until 6-14 unaware they were so back ordered.

I put in my order through B&H Photo back on the 5th and its now shipped. I should have it tomorrow or Tuesday.