OMD M5 MIII vs Panasonic G9

Kaspie

FNG
Hello,
A quick search didn't show me what I'm wondering so here we go.
I've been looking at moving into the mirrorless world from my DSLR to enable me to take better videos while out and about, stills will be my primary shooting still and most use is packing and hiking. looking at this I have narrowed to the Panasonic Lumix G9 or the Olympus OMD M5 Mark III. Specs look very similar between the two with an edge in battery life towards the G9 and the ability to run the camera on a battery pack, the OMD says it can be charged off a pack but not used. Wondering if anyone has experience with both or experience with the battery pack charging performance of each? Local camera shops are closed here in Alberta with the current situation so I can't get in to put in some hands-on time with each.
Thanks

There is no comparison when you put the G9 up against the Olympus M5 Mark 3. Optically the Olympus glass is far superior, always has been the thing that gave Olympus their stellar reputation in photo and medical optics. The lens that comes with the Olympus ranges from 28-300mm in 35mm terms. Perfect all around, all weather lens. The built in IS is so advanced it adjusts for 6.5x stops. The weatherproofing is better then anything in its class.
The AF system is extremely fast and of course accurate.
Feel free to give me a call to discuss this and the even more advanced E-M1 Mark3, the best M4/3 camera outfit on the market

I am at the store today until 5:30 at 516-217-1000

Thanks
Joel