On X ads on games

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been playin online chess and Wordscapes when I get bored and noticed that on x started popping up on the ads between games. I’m cheap so I play games with ads and don’t have an on x. I started realizing that their ads were about 5 seconds compared to others that were all 30. Could this be because they pay less per ad? I’d hate to think that they’re getting the shaft because they’re a hunting company but I also wouldn’t put it past a tech company.

Bärenjäger

Lil-Rokslider
Those ads are targeted towards you based on you internet activity. I'll assume you're at least occasionally browsing hunting-related content and you've at least once googled On X. That's why you see that ad. As far as length of time off the ad, it's most likely the package On X paid for. Like buying a 15 second TV commercial vs. a 30 second one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

OP
T

Txrookie

Lil-Rokslider
I wasn’t surprised about the ad, just the length. But I get that they could’ve just bought a shorter time slot. I was Just curious about it

Sevens

WKR
Those ads are targeted towards you based on you internet activity. I'll assume you're at least occasionally browsing hunting-related content and you've at least once googled On X. That's why you see that ad. As far as length of time off the ad, it's most likely the package On X paid for. Like buying a 15 second TV commercial vs. a 30 second one.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Them darn ads can get you in trouble! Googled elk hunts from my computer; next day my wife asks if I’ve been looking for elk hunts. Apparently she’s getting hit with all the adds for elk hunts on her computer. Likewise, I get a lot of baby stuff advertisements from her search history.

Probably a few marriages that have gone south from advertisements one spouse didn’t expect the other to see.

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
Them darn ads can get you in trouble! Googled elk hunts from my computer; next day my wife asks if I’ve been looking for elk hunts. Apparently she’s getting hit with all the adds for elk hunts on her computer. Likewise, I get a lot of baby stuff advertisements from her search history.

Probably a few marriages that have gone south from advertisements one spouse didn’t expect the other to see.

Private browsing can solve this problem. I use it sometimes - not because I’m trying to hide something from my wife - but because I don’t want the Google/Facebook algorithms shoving arbitrary ads in my face for the next couple weeks. I also use Adblock on my PC; that helps quite a bit except for news sites that require ads to view content.

def90

WKR
I wasn’t surprised about the ad, just the length. But I get that they could’ve just bought a shorter time slot. I was Just curious about it
They probably realized that people don’t want to watch a 30 second ad and that 5 seconds was sufficient enough to get you to look at their website.

It’s like watching youtube videos, sometimes you are forced to watch a 15 second ad before the video starts, I make a mental note not to ever use that product. At least some advertisers on youtube opt for the quick and easy 5 second ad.

cnelk

WKR

Use DuckDuckGo for your search engine

jlh42581

WKR
Theres this bikini ad that popped up and being the testosterone filled male I am I clicked it. Its loaded with babes. It comes up every day and I click it almost every day and have a little look. Theyre losing money on me.