On X Tracking Not Working on Locked Phone

Jpaul720

FNG
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and hoping that someone may be able to help me with problem I am having with the OnX app on a Galaxy S10+. I have reached out to On X and they have given me some things to try (turning off battery optimizer, allowing use in the background, recalibrating GPS, etc.) but unfortunately I am still having the issue. The issue I am having is that when I lock my phone for long walks, the app does not maintain tracking while it is locked and when I unlock the phone it only shows a perfectly straight path from the point I locked the phone to the point where I unlocked it. It will accurately track while the phone is unlocked and I am looking at the app while walking, but for some reason when the phone is locked it no longer tracks me even though i have an icon on my lock screen saying OnX is using my location. I have attached a small test picture to show what it looks like. Unfortunately last week I lost a 3/4 of a 1.15 mile track walking into my stand that I was expecting to use to walk out after dark in an unfamiliar location.

OnX Map Issue.jpg

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and hoping that someone may be able to help me with problem I am having with the OnX app on a Galaxy S10+. I have reached out to On X and they have given me some things to try (turning off battery optimizer, allowing use in the background, recalibrating GPS, etc.) but unfortunately I am still having the issue. The issue I am having is that when I lock my phone for long walks, the app does not maintain tracking while it is locked and when I unlock the phone it only shows a perfectly straight path from the point I locked the phone to the point where I unlocked it. It will accurately track while the phone is unlocked and I am looking at the app while walking, but for some reason when the phone is locked it no longer tracks me even though i have an icon on my lock screen saying OnX is using my location. I have attached a small test picture to show what it looks like. Unfortunately last week I lost a 3/4 of a 1.15 mile track walking into my stand that I was expecting to use to walk out after dark in an unfamiliar location.

View attachment 342503
It does appear the your phone is still in battery saving mode (the battery icon with the little triangle icon in it that's at the top center of your screen). Unfortunately, Android devices can be pretty finicky when it comes to GPS location and all the settings need to be correct for it to continuously track you. (Location enabled with battery saving and battery optimizer turned off). It does appear that your phone is still blocking access to location services when it's locked which is why it's just drawing a straight line from the point your phone was open to then next time it picks that up so double check those settings. We can send you a screenshot of the correct settings as well so shoot us a message if you are need help with that. Again, we can be reached at 406-540-1600.