Once in a lifetime Idaho Bull Moose unit 2

Ishy2710

FNG
I finally Drew my Once in a lifetime Bull moose tag for Idaho, unit 2, I was raised in Idaho and both of my children Born and raised, I cannot wait to fill our freezer, I know moose population is down, it's still a Once in a Lifetime hunt and I'd like to find a decent Bull, any info helps... Thanks Elisha

BornIdaho

FNG
Congratulations! My son and I also drew in unit 6, have no advice cuz I'm here looking for the same, just want to say that.

Congratulations! My son and I also drew in unit 6, have no advice cuz I'm here looking for the same, just want to say that.
If unit 6 for moose is the same for deer, you shouldn't have a problem there are moose all over that place

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

If you find any really good advice, let me know, LOL - I drew probably the same tag in unit 2 after 18 years of putting in for a moose everywhere I've ever lived (12 of those years in Idhao)!

I am currently (last 3 years) living on acreage up north and west of Sagle, and moose population in my immediate area is zero, as far as I can tell. I wander the local woods a fair bit, and I have never seen any moose sign around here. Also, my various neighbors (a few of whom have lived here for 20+ years) say they've never once seen a moose on their property. So, while that's great for my wife's foliage, it's not looking good for me to get a shot at one off my back deck.

Currently staring at OnX a lot in my free time looking for swampy looking ground that I can legally hunt.

coop2424

WKR
Look at the inland paper company property from hauser lake, twin lakes, spirit lake to Blanchard on the wa/Id border. Lots of ground there to glass and find some moose. You can get in at gates at twin lakes along with spirit lake and I believe up by Blanchard somewhere. I have not spent as much time up there as I have in the past but good amounts of bulls up there with areas you can glass in mornings and evenings. Another option is hoodoo mtn but again have not been up there is some time either but lots of new logging in last 5 years.

I know nothing about moose hunting but when I was in Idaho earlier this year (July) scouting for my elk trip, 3 of the 4 moose I saw were in/next to larger body’s of water like lakes/rivers. The other one was up on a hill, you couldn’t miss it. A gigantic black blob on the hillside.