One bullet, one rifle

Teaman1

WKR
I bought a 325 wsm from a fella on here and I’m trying to be as good as I can with this one rifle for all western game. If I can get similar accuracy, do you think an accubond or a partition would open up easier. I get anywhere from 4-10 deer a year so I want the softer one to shoot for deer as most people think either is good for elk. Probably too close to tell, just wanted to ask.

ianpadron

WKR
Straight from Noslers FAQ section.

Pick what shoots best and send it!
e18d03e4d9d6aa4a9f193a77620923ed.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

mvrk28

WKR
I would also look at the Accubond Long Range, it will open up easier than the standard accubond. I found it very easy to load for. Just a thought.

micus

Lil-Rokslider
Ive shot game with both. In my experience, the partition is the "cleaner" of the two bullets, a lot less dramatic/meat damage when put on the shoulder. If I had to pick a hunting bullet for meat hunting, I would pick the ol partition.

WKR
When I was doing load development for my .325 wsm I couldnt find any accubonds but after struggling to find a accurate load with the TSX, I tried the partitions. I found accurate loads using H4350 and RL17. I would use whatever bullets shoot more accurate with your rifle. Cant go wrong with either Accubond or Partition

So, you think the partition is a tad tougher?
Partitions have a fail safe in the fact that bullet expansion stops at the copper partition in the bullet. In that way it is a tougher bullet. The Accubond, with it's polymer tip, starts expanding sooner than the Partition does but they still require a ton of velocity to come completely unglued. With the velocities you're looking at with your 325WSM you're splitting frog hairs debating the terminal performance of these 2 bullets. Load some of both, let your rifle decide what it lakes, and go with it.

My personal preference would be plain old Interlocks for half the price and dang near the same performance at the velocities you'll be able to get.