One drinking bottle for everything?

I have a yeti tumbler that weighs 1.2 but I don’t like the space or weight it takes up. Has anyone just used a nalgene or just one cup for everything hot and cold? I’m not worried about a hot drink cooling off too fast I usually chug my drinks as is. I am worried about mixing coffee and such and not being able to get rid of the taste. Any thoughts?

bsnedeker

WKR
I have a yeti tumbler that weighs 1.2 but I don’t like the space or weight it takes up. Has anyone just used a nalgene or just one cup for everything hot and cold? I’m not worried about a hot drink cooling off too fast I usually chug my drinks as is. I am worried about mixing coffee and such and not being able to get rid of the taste. Any thoughts?
Take a Nalgene and a titanium mug for coffee that the bottle nests in.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

A.hol1

Lil-Rokslider
Nalgene and collapsible silicone cup for hot drinks for me. I think the one I have now is Sea to Summit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mosby

WKR
I am trying one of these GSI microlite bottles when it is freezing cold out. Should keep things hot or from freezing up.

Attachments

• 1652242015232.png
    1652242015232.png
    3.9 KB · Views: 62
Trying to understand...so you wake up, boil the last remaining water you have and make coffee, drink it, then leave to hunt with no water?

Chape1rm

Lil-Rokslider
I am trying one of these GSI microlite bottles when it is freezing cold out. Should keep things hot or from freezing up.
I dont leave the house without this bottle! This is the only bottle I take hunting, i dont really mind if things mix together a little. To me carrying another cup isnt worth it. Its nice keeping your coffee hot in the morning and cold stream water to cool you off mid day on early season hunts. This does start to freeze below zero so I had to put it in my pack as close to my body as I could. Its also good for rolling out knots in back, legs etc..

z987k

WKR
I have a collapsible cup I leave at basecamp, otherwise I use, and re-use, a plastic bottle of water that goes in the pack.

BBob

WKR
One Sea to Summit collapsible for camp. Water bladder and Smart Water bottle (for electrolyte mix) in the pack.

Coffee from the bottom cover/cup of your jetboil, smart water bottle for the hiskey, bladder/nalgene for water.

Reactions: TFP
Gatorade bottles (20 and 32 ounce) to carry water and for sport drink mixes.

I use a 12 ounce and 16 ounce plastic cup (no handles) that nest. Came in a kit…green colored. Had them 10 yrs or so. Make hot tea or coffee in one, soup, breakfast “horse feed” with powdered milk in other, etc. They work great and hold the heat “long enough” being plastic.

BBob

WKR
^^^SS works fine for me. I’m a drink my coffee quick in the mornings so I can get rolling rather than sitting around sipping so no insulation works for me. It replaced a Snow Peak Ti Sierra cup that I carried for over 20 years which has near zero insulation. The silicone I’d say doesn’t have as hot of a feel of the Ti. Collapsed it fits my latest stove setup great saving a bit of volume.