One heel slipping up hill fix?

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Bought a new pair of zamberlans this year loved them right off no issues turkey and bear hunting this spring. We set some cams on a pretty steep incline for elk. While climbing up my left heel kinda pulls up and is painful, any tricks I can try to fix it. my right boot feels phenomenal guess it's just the slight size difference in my feet. These is my 1st upper end boot so I have nothing to base off of.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Scrappy

WKR
YouTube different lacing techniques to lock in your hills in your boots

What Scrappy said. Look up lacing techniques for "Heel Lock". I have to do this with various pairs of boots.

OP
Shawn_Guinn

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, will do.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

fishslap

WKR
Try a heel lift in that boot. Lacing only goes so far for me before I’m getting too much pressure on the top of my feet and ankle. If the one below is too thick, try cutting off the heel part of a cheep thin insole.

I like Superfeet Greens in my Zamberlans. That took care of my heel slip (I think) I did a couple miles yesterday with first mile covering some pretty steep terrain. No hot spots and heel stayed locked.

The Superfeet orange didn’t do anymore for my heel then the greens

You can try them on Prime Wardrobe for free and keep what you want. I tried the blues, green and orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Summit1

FNG
I have to use two different insoles to keep both of my feet solid, dont be afraid to give that a try if changing up your lacing doesn't work for you. I have the Superfeet trailblazer in my left boot and stock Kenetrek in the right boot. Brad

I went the opposite of most people. I have outrageous bony heel spurs which I earned as an infantry officer. My left heel is often raw when I wear stiff boots in steep terrain. I’ve used the heel lock lacing and it mitigates the slip but it cuts off my circulation as my feet are EE wide.

I have to buy quality boots and run no insoles or very thin ones to get my heel to fit the pocket. So don’t assume that putting the fattest insole you can find is the solution.

And you have to try a boatload of boots. I’ve tried lowa Tibet’s, rangers, Crispi, and many others. They are quality boots but don’t work for me. For some reason, the Danner heel cup works the best with my feet. And I’m not claiming they are the best boot made although they last reasonably well. They just fit me in particular.

I went the opposite of most people. I have outrageous bony heel spurs which I earned as an infantry officer. My left heel is often raw when I wear stiff boots in steep terrain. I’ve used the heel lock lacing and it mitigates the slip but it cuts off my circulation as my feet are EE wide.

I have to buy quality boots and run no insoles or very thin ones to get my heel to fit the pocket. So don’t assume that putting the fattest insole you can find is the solution.

And you have to try a boatload of boots. I’ve tried lowa Tibet’s, rangers, Crispi, and many others. They are quality boots but don’t work for me. For some reason, the Danner heel cup works the best with my feet. And I’m not claiming they are the best boot made although they last reasonably well. They just fit me in particular.
I have the super bony heel spurs too and I agree with you on insoles. I've had to pull insoles out mid hike to get my heel low enough in the pocket.