One item you wish you carried sooner?

Dont have much to offer that most dont already know. But for christmas a few years back my wife got me a pair of cut resistant knit gloves that are woven with some kind of metal. Think they were meant for cleaning fish, but they are dang handy for field dressing all sorts of game.

Bonus is they don't get slippery when full of crap like nitrile gloves and weigh next to nothing. They don't leave my kill kit.

View attachment 606075
How well do these clean up afterward? Throw them in the wash or just rinse off??

I assume these are not intended for one time use only

PredatoronthePrairie

Lil-Rokslider
How well do these clean up afterward? Throw them in the wash or just rinse off??

I assume these are not intended for one time use only

I triple rinse, then soak in hot water with dawn dish soap overnight, triple rinse, then soak in cold water with some bleach overnight.

Come out pretty clean. Have stained a bit overtime, but no noticeable smell after around 7 big game animals.

Edit, should add, they are cut resistant, a sharp point on a havalon can still poke through so there is still reason to use a bit of caution.

OP
Gun&BowSD

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
I triple rinse, then soak in hot water with dawn dish soap overnight, triple rinse, then soak in cold water with some bleach overnight.

Come out pretty clean. Have stained a bit overtime, but no noticeable smell after around 7 big game animals.

Edit, should add, they are cut resistant, a sharp point on a havalon can still poke through so there is still reason to use a bit of caution.
Thanks for answering that. Saw your picture, great idea, but got to wondering if they were single use. Pretty light weight safety measure