One item you wish you carried sooner?

Oregon

WKR
Not in pack, but a tripod shooting stick. I use the Shockey trigger sticks.
Shoot off of it, lay binos on to glass, use as trekking pole, stomp rattlesnake you're about to step on, sling rifle over when taking a break, check water depth, poke buddy when you want to get his attention, the list is long.
Won't leave home without them.

TheGDog

WKR
Mesh facemask. and liner gloves. I pretty much always wear both while I'm out there. Helps with protecting you from the sun. Rx for a pain med. Learned that lesson the hard way before.

NEBO MYCRO Headlamps! They're super small but give ya 2hrs at max brightness (something like 150lumens) or 4-5 hours at 50 lumens. I bring some Nauzene tablets in my med kit now. Sometimes when pushing it, especially with a pain med... I can get cramps forming in upper abdominal muscles. Those tabs have electrolytes and so forth. And don't require water to consume them.

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
tripod for binoculars; read about it on several threads here and decided to try it a couple of years ago- huge difference glassing with a tripod vs hand

this is w/ just regular sized binos (10x42)- game changer for sure

last year I swapped out cron starch in my wind checker to micro balloons (also read that tip here), much better!