One of many Stabilizer threads……

Venator

Lil-Rokslider
The topic….mostly subjective I know. Has there ever been a tested stabilizer that is better than another? Price not being a deciding factor; but actual data on stiffness, weight, with dampening a plus, durability, etc. I’m interested in 10” and 12” lengths. Been eyeballing Shrewd RevX, Cutter, and Podium.
The Quivalizer isn’t for me. Any suggestions from someone who has spent the coin and tried the majority? Hunting bow only.

Stabilizers are pretty basic when it comes down to it. Lighter bars allow you to have weight farther out making them more effective.

I have tried AAE mountain series, Conquest Smacdown, AAE Nitrous Hot Rodz, Dead Center Icon, and Bee Stinger.

AAE mountain series is the best I have used for a hunting bow. They are super stiff and light, and handle the vibration really well.

Second place goes to Conquest smacdown.

I have heard good things about Podium stabilizers and Cutter as well, but haven't used them.

I use 15/10 combo. I have found that anything less than 15 out front doesn't really slow down my pin float.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

At the lengths you are talking about, it's not huge differences.

I really like the Shrewd Revx bars, my long bar is 28" and it's small diameter, light, and extremely hard to make it deflect (bend). You need to have something stiff because otherwise it's not actually stabilizing. I always get confused when I see companies put a vibration isolator between the rod and the weight. The length between the bow and the weight needs to be as stiff as possible, that's not hard to do when it's 12", double that distance and things change. Thin just helps with wind resistance, again, as short as you are talking about, not a big difference. Put a big weight stack on the end of a 1" rod that's 30+" and you really start to feel it.

Dampening doesn't come from a stabilizer. A stabilizer is to help stabilize the bow. You can add dampners, or you can get short bars that are really just dampners that add mass to the bow too, but they aren't providing much actual stability.

loopmtz

Lil-Rokslider
I've been using the Cutter for a while now and really like it.

If you're interested in purchasing one use code Bigsexy25 for a 25% discount on orders over $150.

Mikido

WKR
You add weight to anything, it becomes harder to move.

The bow is being supported at 2 locations at full draw. Keep shifting the center of gravity forward, that forward hand has to work harder to move that pin. (And work harder to hold up the heavier bow)

I don’t buy into it, but I practice and build my bow to improve hunting.

I think the biggest scam are those silly wrist straps. Come on, has anyone ever dropped a bow?

Seeknelk

WKR

The bow is being supported at 2 locations at full draw. Keep shifting the center of gravity forward, that forward hand has to work harder to move that pin. (And work harder to hold up the heavier bow)

I think the biggest scam are those silly wrist straps. Come on, has anyone ever dropped a bow?
Yep! I sure have! Many folks have. And it'll make you start grabbing the bow at the shot if it happens🤣.
Once upon a time, you could actually feel a bow shoot. Even the one with wheels n chit!

Ever had a loop snap?

Drawing a bow and have a loop break, release failure, or the little bastard just slips thru your fingers and you are watching (insert value here) go flying forward out of your hand.

Not going to do major damage, but it will sure piss you off.

JStol5

WKR
I second AAE mountain stabilizers. I use a 12/10 set. They’re extremely light, stiff, and priced very well. I’m using a 12/10 set this year and plan on upgrading to a 15/10 set next year. I got em on goHUNT for 10% off with code RANDY. $160 for two shipped.

jmez

WKR
Stabilizers decrease your pin float. They aren't a one size fits all item. You really have to try a bunch with different weights and length combinations to find what works for you.

I second AAE mountain stabilizers. I use a 12/10 set. They’re extremely light, stiff, and priced very well. I’m using a 12/10 set this year and plan on upgrading to a 15/10 set next year. I got em on goHUNT for 10% off with code RANDY. $160 for two shipped.
How much do they with without any weights?

BigWoods

WKR

I have actually; After getting my new Traverse 3 years ago, which has little to no hand shock, I decided I'd shoot my old late 90's MXZ for comparison. It didn't have anything but a rest on it at that point. Upon release the bow went launching out of my hand and hit the concrete floor. Also, if you've ever shot at a steep angle from a deer stand, they can come in awfully handy.

In reply to the OP, I just went to a 15" AAE Mountain Series this winter and am really liking it. Compared to my old 8" bar, there is much less pin float. Impressed at the overall quality of the bar.

nphunter

WKR

He's a great stabilizer, I love mine, makes a huge difference when you need it and isn't in the way when you don't. It really depends on how far you are shooting or how small of groups you want to shoot on whether or not they are effective. I have a 100 yard range at my house and at 60+ my groups shrink big time with a stabilizer fully extended. If I'm hunting in open country where I may have to take a slightly longer shot I have my stabilizer on, mule deer and antelope it's always on. When elk hunting in heavy cover where shot will be really close I leave the stab in the bow case or my pack.