One of my better groups...

Took the GF to the range today for some shooting. Unfortunately the 600 yard line was closed so we were limited to paper at 300 and in. Girlfriend had some cheek weld issues and was dancing on the paper at first which accounts for the holes up top. And no you can't ask her as she'll undoubtedly take credit for the good group! ;)

I then got behind the rifle and shot the 4 shot group pictured below... First one center, second one low (called), 3rd n 4th were both were stacked right low of number 1. Didn't keep the target but those holes are slightly larger than .284"...

That was the end of the mag and I KNEW I'd screw up that 5th shot so I quit while I was ahead... call me chicken if you want ;)

No pics but got Sarah back behind the gun, got her settled up with a consistent cheek weld and went over the fundamentals of natural point of aim and she threw down a 1.25" group at 300 yards which I was darn proud of...

Mike

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1363240193608.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1363240193608.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

hunting1

WKR
That is a great 300-yard group! I am assuming 7MM? Glad you are still able to shoot with all the idiots hoarding everything. I have a good stock, but yesterday see the only ammo for the non reloader was 243, 7MM and 300WSM, maybe time for another rifle. Great shooting!

OP
HellsCanyon
Ha Thanks Matt... ;)
Yeah this is the 280AI. 168 Berger VLD at 2955. Pretty impressive for a factory Rem700 action and bolt! Just a good chamber job, good stock and bedding job... oh and all my groups are shot prone off a bipod and rear bags. None of those gun vises or tripods off the bench! ;)

Mike

TwoTikkas

WKR
Way to lay em in there! I like the velocity you are getting from the A.I. How long is the pipe? My smithy has a 280 A.I. reamer he has used once for himself,then put it up and forgot about it. I haven't. There is a 30/06 T3 in the safe that needs a Lilja 280 AI screwed into it. My good smithy just doesn't know it yet,lol. Some day we must talk 280 you and I. Again NICE group.

OP
HellsCanyon
Way to lay em in there! I like the velocity you are getting from the A.I. How long is the pipe? My smithy has a 280 A.I. reamer he has used once for himself,then put it up and forgot about it. I haven't. There is a 30/06 T3 in the safe that needs a Lilja 280 AI screwed into it. My good smithy just doesn't know it yet,lol. Some day we must talk 280 you and I. Again NICE group.

24" tube ;) very easy caliber to load for, course these are relatively hot loads. 61.5 grains of 4831sc and they are a bit compressed... thanks for the props!

Justin, yeah you do!

Mike