One of these things is not like the other one.

Wvroach

WKR
I was out looking for some morels this morning, still a bit early here in my part of WV. Found 2 small blacks and this strange translucent and orange thing. Very common in my area unfortunately, it bounces between meth and heroin as the dominant substance of choice.

Of course it was picked up and placed in a bottle and removed so some curious kid didn't potentially stick themselves.

About 5 years ago I stumbled on a moonshine still and shanty someone built, about 2.5 miles back on public in the middle of nowhere. I've got some pictures I'll have to find later but they were dedicated and better men than I. That hike with a pack is enough for me to do let alone carrying all that material.

What are some of the gems you have found in the woods?

IMG_20210415_102621397.jpg

ODB

WKR
The cap is still on. I bet it’s from
A diabetic.

the heroin addicts in Seattle and Vancouver BC are so kind as to recap their needles...just leave them exposed for the kids to step on.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
The cap is still on. I bet it’s from
A diabetic.

the heroin addicts in Seattle and Vancouver BC are so kind as to recap their needles...just leave them exposed for the kids to step on.
Possible, either way to dispose of it on a trail isn't very kind lol. One of the locks I fish at on the monongahela river is always full of them floating and pill bottles, right below morgantown go figure.

They say the suttle shake of a pill bottle is the West Virginian mating call, I'd be scared to do it to far back in the woods. Might be surprised what comes out haha.

Reactions: OMB
I find needles all over here in the northern front range. Cap or no cap, they're not from diabetics. Three yesterday and two broken pipes.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
Mushroom hunting in Colorado public land last year:
View attachment 282589
More responsible outdoors enthusiast I see, when I was a kid the only thing we had around was pills, pot and shine. At least nothing that would stick you in the river. Don't get me wrong it was around just not in my area.

fishslap

WKR
More responsible outdoors enthusiast I see, when I was a kid the only thing we had around was pills, pot and shine. At least nothing that would stick you in the river. Don't get me wrong it was around just not in my area.
If you haven’t cut your foot on a beer can while catchin’ craw-pappies in the crick, are you even country? I’m originally from Missouri so I feel like I can make that joke.;)
Seriously though, I called the wildlife officer immediately since it was a state wildlife area. Needles and other drug use trash on our public lands is ridiculous.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
If you haven’t cut your foot on a beer can while catchin’ craw-pappies in the crick, are you even country? I’m originally from Missouri so I feel like I can make that joke.;)
Seriously though, I called the wildlife officer immediately since it was a state wildlife area. Needles and other drug use trash on our public lands is ridiculous.
By stick you I meant stick you with HIV/Hep etc.. yeah I've been the victim of a few bottles and lures/nails lol

Wapiti1

WKR
Here in Indiana, I walked into a meth operation two years ago on some national forest land in southern Indiana.

That isn't fun.

But the mushrooms are worth the risk.

I've not seen needles. Our meth users are smokers mostly. If you get close to Indy, you'll get into the needle crowd, but the rural folk seem to be needle averse.

Jeremy

ORHunter

WKR
Looks like every park, sidewalk, street, river bank, parking lot, playground, and anywhere else in Portland. If you need proof look up Portlandlookslikesh*t on IG. Sad times.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wow, just wow. Not saying it doesn’t exist up here, as I know it does, I’ve just never seen it out and about. Definitely doesn’t make me miss the lesser 48! I think I’ll stay put for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
Here in Indiana, I walked into a meth operation two years ago on some national forest land in southern Indiana.

That isn't fun.

But the mushrooms are worth the risk.

I've not seen needles. Our meth users are smokers mostly. If you get close to Indy, you'll get into the needle crowd, but the rural folk seem to be needle averse.

Jeremy
Was it active at the time? That would be sketchy for sure.

OP
Wvroach

Wvroach

WKR
Looks like every park, sidewalk, street, river bank, parking lot, playground, and anywhere else in Portland. If you need proof look up Portlandlookslikesh*t on IG. Sad times.

A minute and a half video of north Portland was all I needed to see to decide I'll not be visiting anytime soon.

Seattle is Dying on YouTube was worth the hour I spent watching it too.

One morning I stepped into a porta-john at work and found 5 needles on a t-shirt and a couple of cigarettes that had burned all the way while the occupant had passed out. Another time, a buddy of mine hopped a fence one day and said they crackled like leaves when he landed...