One Piece of Gear You Wish You Had (or glad you brought) On Your Hunt

Trying to dial in my pack for august. I’ve got all the essentials but what’s one thing you either wish you had or were glad you had? Might be something generally overlooked or you might’ve thought was too heavy but grateful you brought.

Strongly considering adding the helinox chair. Even if it’s just used at camp, it beats sitting on the ground or a stump.

This is for a CO sheep tag but I would imagine the same luxury would be great in Alaska, or any other western state.

wildbill

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely something to read being stuck in your tent for extended time without a way to pass the time would have truly sucked

kjw

WKR
Extra water storage, Tylenol pm, a legit sleeping pad, the best thing we added to our packs last year (wife had the sheep tag) was a hand full of chicken bouillon cubes. Sometimes before bed or on a cold day a cup of it just hits right. Good luck on your tag!

Naiche

FNG
On my recent backpack fishing trip, I was wishing I had a lightweight rifle or single shot shotgun loaded with a slug. The bears were thick on the river due to the drought and one of them had to be chased off 4 times with shots from my glock 19. Game and fish had to euthanize him because of his lack of fear.

OP
coloyooper
On my recent backpack fishing trip, I was wishing I had a lightweight rifle or single shot shotgun loaded with a slug. The bears were thick on the river due to the drought and one of them had to be chased off 4 times with shots from my glock 19. Game and fish had to euthanize him because of his lack of fear.
I always bring a 10mm with me. Not because I ever think I’ll need it, but it’s like a condom, ya know?

Hunting log book and ziplock bag to store it.
Write about the day every night while it’s fresh in your mind. Started that 18yrs ago and have 5-8yrs of stories in each book to look through when you are socked in.

Plus keeps you honest when story telling…that buck never grows from 24” to 28” wide after a few years. Haha!