One Rifle to do it all Or a rifle for each occasion?

FireNelk

FNG
I’m currently working on my 300 PRC and also have a 6.5 PRC.
Will use the 30@ for elk/larger game/long distance.
6.5 for deer/antelope/ other medium game.
Just wondering how many of you use just one all around rifle and who has one set up for each hunt?

My main rifles are a 270 Win for deer, antelope, sheep and a 338 Win Mag for elk, moose, black bear, caribou. Of course I have several others, but these are the two I reach for when I am hunting out west or in Alaska.

svivian

WKR
I own multiple but really only use one. If I were to do it all over again i would spend the money i spent on multiple to buy one custom do all rifle. If funds are unlimited then multiple is always the answer.

I don’t think you can have one rifle be the end all be Al. Owning firearms is like an addiction… how many guys do you know that own just one…

I like my selection, .22, .223, 6.5, .270, .303, .300, and .50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don’t think one rifle is the way to go. A 6.5-30 cal is really over kill on game smaller than say deer (ie. coyotes down to small game) and a caliber less than say 243 is too small for larger game.

If I was forced to limit the number of rifles I could have (hopefully no less than 3-4) I’d want a 22 (rimfire) for small game and plinking, something in the 243-6.5 range and then something in the 7mm to 30 cal range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B23

WKR
It's funny how life goes. When I was younger and hunted all the time the only centerfire rifle I owned was a 300 Wby and except when I'd go coyote hunting with my dad and use one of his guns I used that 300 Wby for everything. Now I'm older hunt much less and have a safe full of guns. Something doesn't seem quite right about my plan. lol

Gen273

WKR
It's funny how life goes. When I was younger and hunted all the time the only centerfire rifle I owned was a 300 Wby and except when I'd go coyote hunting with my dad and use one of his guns I used that 300 Wby for everything. Now I'm older hunt much less and have a safe full of guns. Something doesn't seem quite right about my plan. lol
I understand completely, as I am in a similar boat.

EastMT

WKR
I’ve spent billions on rifles of every shape and size aaaaannddd I still use my trusty old 308. I’ve been wanting to buy a really nice 308, that will do everything I need it to do. It’s not enough for the shots some people take, but plenty for what I take.

But I’m sure I’ll drag a new one home any day now…….

robtattoo

WKR
I've got at least one for every species I'll ever hunt (plus a backup or two), a couple just in case I get to hunt something I never believed possible & one or two in case they ever bring back dinosaurs.
Not to say I don't have some set aside for an escape convict, zombie board, hippy takeover, alien landing or possible journey into the 18th century.