One song for the road

Long drive like that, if you're into history look up Hardcore history by Dan Carlin. His podcasts can be 4-5 hrs long and are more like production than a podcast. Awesome stuff If you like history, some of it is free some you pay 1.99 per episode for.

He just finished supernova in the east and all episodes for that should be free. All about the rise and fall of Japan leading up to WW2 and through it.

When I'm by myself in the truck and driving any distance, I usually listen to a Joe Rogan podcast, but if I'm in the mood for music, I can't quit listening to the newest Chevelle album.

I drive close to 50,000 miles a year and 90% of the time I listen to nothing. I like a quiet car just a little roads noise. Last week I drove from Spokane to Bozeman and did not turn on my radio.

If do listen to music on a road trip it would be George Straight, Luke Combs and a couple others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not normal.

The voices in my head would have a full on argument.

Btaylor

WKR
If I was to build a 24 hour playlist it would need...George Straight, George Jones, Willie, Waylon, Bocephus, Alan Jackson, Ricky Van Shelton, Chris Stapelton, Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Quiet Riot, AC/DC, Scorpions, Def Leopard, BB King, Clapton, Jamey Johnson, Steve Earle, Jim Croce, James Taylor and some Hillsong .

ODB

WKR
That's not normal.

The voices in my head would have a full on argument.

Funny you say that. I catch myself quite often thinking of a song, putting in my headphones but never actually playing the song, my internal jukebox just keeps happily playing. 5-10 minutes will go by and only then I’ve realized I never started the music, I only put on the headphones. Happens all the time.

Oregonboy

WKR
The Sword - Age of Winters and Wrap Riders (albums) are both necessary for any road trip.

Not music, but podcasts. I use my driving time to listen to a variety of them. Engages my brain and makes use of the time.

For music, I’ll date myself and say 80s rock.

Funny you say that. I catch myself quite often thinking of a song, putting in my headphones but never actually playing the song, my internal jukebox just keeps happily playing. 5-10 minutes will go by and only then I’ve realized I never started the music, I only put on the headphones. Happens all the time.
I always wonder if my tooth fillings are picking up radio signals when that happens! I'll get some random song that sets up residency in my head and wonder where in the hell did that one come from?!

ODB

WKR
I always wonder if my tooth fillings are picking up radio signals when that happens! I'll get some random song that sets up residency in my head and wonder where in the hell did that one come from?!
ha!!

since I was a kid, every morning i wake up with some random song in my head. Today it was The Christmas Waltz

Other days it’ll be something really random like Holy Diver or something…the mind is a weird thing…

Metallica (first 4 albums)
Linkin Park
Classic country (60’s-90’s)
Techno
Find a good 90’s-2000’s hard rock playlist

Sirius XM listening to turbo, Ozzy’s boneyard, and BPM techno got me through a 20 hour drive just fine.

I find Tom Petty to be good road trip music. Although I dont listen to them much at all, when I am driving and a tom petty song comes on it just feel right.

On the way to a hunting trip, "Runnin' Down a Dream" comes to mind.

shtrbc

Lil-Rokslider
Podcasts
My Spotify playlist on shuffle. No Sat radio yet.
Motorhead, Aerosmith, most 80's hard rock.

Sturgill or Colter Wall, probably. But I usually exhaust my podcasts before music comes on.

Last edited:
I like classic rock in general and even more on a long road trip. Helps me sing along to the classics. I'm thinking Boston, Journey, Skynyrd... too many to count.