Onetigris smokey hut tipi vs luxehiking hexpeak xl

Jesseg122

FNG
I've been comparing lightweight hot tents for fall and winter camping and cant decide which one is the better price. I'm mainly looking for a tent with a stove to have room for 2. I could go the even cheaper route and get the toucan hot tent off alibaba but I kinda want to stick to a brand people know. My budget for the tent has me limited so I'm trying to compare which would be better.

Anyone have or try either of these tents? Thoughts and opinions?

Attachments

• fcea94ae-97ca-4304-b13c-8aae2e398eb1.__CR0,0,1328,821_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg
    fcea94ae-97ca-4304-b13c-8aae2e398eb1.__CR0,0,1328,821_PT0_SX970_V1___.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 111
  • 2497984038870a6472fdea27254708e0.jpg
    2497984038870a6472fdea27254708e0.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 110

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
I have had the onetrigris tipinova for three seasons now and it's been fantastic. I just ordered the Smokey hut 3 days ago. I'll let you know how I like it once it arrives..hope it's decent 😉

OP
J

Jesseg122

FNG
I have had the onetrigris tipinova for three seasons now and it's been fantastic. I just ordered the Smokey hut 3 days ago. I'll let you know how I like it once it arrives..hope it's decent 😉
Is onetigris a good brand? Quality wise? I've been eyeballing them recently only because while i was looking up info on luxe. I want to order from luxe because there a local company but that price tag though. If either are unable to land in my price range I might go with that toucan tipi. Under a hundred and looks very similar to the smokey hut. Was thinking that route and if it's something I'm really getting into I can go for a more expensive one. If not then I'm only in a hundred bucks lol. Saw some youtube videos about it

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
Is onetigris a good brand? Quality wise? I've been eyeballing them recently only because while i was looking up info on luxe. I want to order from luxe because there a local company but that price tag though. If either are unable to land in my price range I might go with that toucan tipi. Under a hundred and looks very similar to the smokey hut. Was thinking that route and if it's something I'm really getting into I can go for a more expensive one. If not then I'm only in a hundred bucks lol. Saw some youtube videos about it
As mentioned I own the tipinova and the sailaway bivy. Both by onetrigris both work well and have had nothing bad to say about either. How they compact to the expensive brands I don't know. I can't afford those high dollar brands lol. Both shelters are waterproof and well made which is why I am also adding a Smokey hut. They are not kifaru or seek but they also don t carry near the price tag. I have 22 nights in the tipinova and 4 in the sailaway in everything from sunny ,windy, rainy, light snow ECT and no issues with either one. Haven't needed warranty did not sure how good that is but for a system as inexpensive as they are I'd guess it's not fantastic

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
Did you end up picking of of these tipi's up? I've been looking at both and leaning towards the Onetigris since it's cheaper.

bcar

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a One Tigris Smokey Hut and slept in it Monday night since the midwest lost power after the Hurricane came through.. pretty dang happy with it considering the price. Headed to Wyoming on Friday, so we'll see if it can survive the bears and wolves.

Anozira

WKR
I just got home from a wet weekend with two of my boys in the Smokey hut. Rained hard all night and we were dry as a bone.

How old/big are your boys? I am interested to hear how well three of you fit inside. I bought one and set it up in the back yard but only with two sleeping bags/ pads. Did the center pole get in the way at any point?

Attachments

• 61456954099__A0C286E3-9159-432B-A271-915D0A690888.JPG
    61456954099__A0C286E3-9159-432B-A271-915D0A690888.JPG
    333.9 KB · Views: 72

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
How old/big are your boys? I am interested to hear how well three of you fit inside. I bought one and set it up in the back yard but only with two sleeping bags/ pads. Did the center pole get in the way at any point?

My boys are 11 and 10. We are not a great testament to size as I am only 5-6 and my boys are just average for age. Our sleeping pads/ bags are std grown up size and we could easily fit without touching each other or the walls of the tipi. We had room enough for our gear ( large rubbermaid tote) and had plenty of room around the center pole( hardly noticed it was there). Probably better then 16" from my bag to the pole. We slept in a triangle head to feet around the perimeter and had room for the tote between my head and my son's feet ( as both of them are still under 5'.

B

Brando'

I've been comparing lightweight hot tents for fall and winter camping and cant decide which one is the better price. I'm mainly looking for a tent with a stove to have room for 2. I could go the even cheaper route and get the toucan hot tent off alibaba but I kinda want to stick to a brand people know. My budget for the tent has me limited so I'm trying to compare which would be better.

Anyone have or try either of these tents? Thoughts and opinions?
Which one did you end up going with?

Obsessed1

Lil-Rokslider
We used the smokey this year in sept. No stove but three guys and gear. It was tight but we all had room enough for or beds( head to toe around the perimeter) and pr packs/ gear in the center. Worked just fine