Onetigris Tegimen

Just noticed these on Amazon. At high 6lbs it’s definitely not a solo shelter, but am I crazy for thinking something along these lines split up between 2+ dudes wouldn’t make a bomb backcountry shelter? Or an ultralight shelter for the horse guys.

6.6ft wide by 9.8ft long. 6.2’ high.

OneTigris TEGIMEN Hammock Hot Tent with Stove Jack, Versatile Camping Shelter, 3000mm Waterproof https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R7JC8FZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_XGACCE7FM3SZQYVZW6AC

B

Brando'

I agree. Had the same thoughts. Did you purchase the tent? Wondering how it performed if so.

I have this tent and I love it to death. It’s constructed well and well thought out, and the fact I can hammock camp with a stove is amazing.

It’s a little bit of a pain to set up and get everything in the right spot so the hammock doesn’t pull on the tent when you lay in it. I suggest buying 8 of the plastic nite ize cam jams along with it. They’ll make life substantially easier setting up.

I have this tent and I love it to death. It’s constructed well and well thought out, and the fact I can hammock camp with a stove is amazing.

It’s a little bit of a pain to set up and get everything in the right spot so the hammock doesn’t pull on the tent when you lay in it. I suggest buying 8 of the plastic nite ize cam jams along with it. They’ll make life substantially easier setting up.

I just picked this up and a small cheap stove. Are you using an Underquilt still when using a stove? I have been using a hammock for the last 6 months or so and it has really changed my comfort and sleep while camping. I was using a cot when camping but can’t get comfortable due to hip arthritis. In December that is changing with a total hip replacement but prior to that for a last trip before my survey I’m doing two weeks in November in the National forest of Virginia. I generally stay in my buddies wall tent for a week in November , I generally don’t get great sleep on that trip from being cold and uncomfortable on the cot so I’m looking forward to trying this out and being in the hammock.

Any pointers on getting the hammock setup so it doesn’t pull the tent down?

Mine showed up last week, set it up for the first time today. Very happy so far.

Wife and I are taking it to Idaho and Montana with two hammocks in a few weeks.

Buddy and I are taking it to Wyoming with a stove and two cots in October.

Looks like a pretty slick setup for hammocks or cots at 200$ with heat . Have you guys used it with any kind of snow load / wind yet ? I see it doesn't come with poles . Aftermarket? Cut small trees at campsite ? Interested to hear how it works . Using a hot tipi tent this year

I just picked this up and a small cheap stove. Are you using an Underquilt still when using a stove? I have been using a hammock for the last 6 months or so and it has really changed my comfort and sleep while camping. I was using a cot when camping but can’t get comfortable due to hip arthritis. In December that is changing with a total hip replacement but prior to that for a last trip before my survey I’m doing two weeks in November in the National forest of Virginia. I generally stay in my buddies wall tent for a week in November , I generally don’t get great sleep on that trip from being cold and uncomfortable on the cot so I’m looking forward to trying this out and being in the hammock.

Any pointers on getting the hammock setup so it doesn’t pull the tent down?
If I’m using the stove, I usually don’t use an underquilt because it gets pretty warm if I do. I keep it warm enough in there to just lay in my chonies in the hammock. If I were doing late fall or early spring camping I would; then just take a blanket for the top.

The only advice I have is to try it out a few times to get your setup right before you go in the woods with it. I’ve found that stringing the hammock straps higher on the tree than the ridge line helps with sag.