Online Fly Store

treillw

WKR
Any good places to get flies online? Would like them to be decent quality, but price might be the most important factor.

Always have to drive around 3 places in town to get half of what I want. Thinking there might be some good online options.

Thanks!

Marble

WKR
Any good places to get flies online? Would like them to be decent quality, but price might be the most important factor.

Always have to drive around 3 places in town to get half of what I want. Thinking there might be some good online options.

Thanks!
I dont order from them online because they are just down the street from me. But this "little" fly shop has world wide connections and fishing destinations as part of their operations. I have never been to another shop that's is more knowledgeable.

They are in Redding, CA next to the Sacramento River. Most don't know it's one of the top wild fisheries in the world.

If you don't find what you want online, I would call, tell what you're looking for and they'll take care of you.

During Covid they were open, I would call them and they would package up a bag of flies and meet me at my truck.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

KH_bowfly

Lil-Rokslider
I tie my own, but Bob Marriott’s is a pretty nice shop that has an online presence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Fly thing is a good winter activity, sucks to be thinking about needing flys this time of year.

def90

WKR
Flys are what, $2-$3 at the local store? How much cheaper do they need to be after factoring in shipping and all the other bullshit?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Flys are what, $2-$3 at the local store? How much cheaper do they need to be after factoring in shipping and all the other bullshit?

The issue is that most people buy a few dozen at a time. It adds up. Some of the flies inside for pike are like 8 bucks each.

dtrkyman

WKR
Big Y Fly, never paid more than 75-80 cents for trout flies, spend $45 and free shipping. Most of those patterns I use from there are not worth my time tying for under a 1$

And when you are guiding 5-7 days a week I surely do not want to tie flies on my off time.

Marble

WKR
The fly shop sells cheap flys that don’t last too long.
You maybe thinking of another place then the one I referenced above. There has always been top quality and lasted. I can't recall the last time, if ever, I've had a fly fall apart.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
You maybe thinking of another place then the one I referenced above. There has always been top quality and lasted. I can't recall the last time, if ever, I've had a fly fall apart.

Maybe I’m thinking of the fly shack.

Gbfan

FNG
Some good info - not necessarily for flies, but Bob Marriott's usually has a pretty good holiday sale during December. Up to 20% off and not many exclusions. Can save quite a bit if someone's in the market for a new rod or big ticket item and they're willing to wait until winter.