Online Fly Store

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
Some good suggestions. Ebay and amazon usually get my cheap fly business. Emphasis on cheap 😉

bat-cave

WKR
Ascent Fly Fishing. Pete Stitcher is a Biologist here in the Denver area - https://ascentflyfishing.com/

I'm still a relative newbie to fly fishing and have found his website / youtube video's etc ... very helpful as well as help with Fly selection, matching the hatch etc ... For anyone in the Denver area he periodically does clinics at local breweries where he walks through matching the hatch and for the price of the ticket you get a handful of selected flies and a beer ... hard to go wrong!

You know I understand that but conditions change. Sometimes a simple adjustment in how a fly is built can work wonders as in less or more hackling dependent upon the flow. Also being able to have exactly what you need today is invaluable. Not possible to have every fly in every size/stage for every condition w you. I’d always bring my box on any trip.
Add out of stock issues. Man it seems a simple adjustment to stay where you need to be
I definitely agree and am very into tying flies. But the question was how to get a bunch of flies for cheap. Tying is not the answer! Just like reloading is not the answer if you just want to get a bunch of rounds to shoot for fun. Both hobbies are great for getting a better product and being able to tailor the product directly to your needs but I don't think you end up ahead in terms of $.

My only point is that you'll spend a lot more $ to get there!!

ODB

WKR
i used to tie my own flies, but when you figure the cost of your own labor it’s very expensive. Doing it as a way to relax, etc is fine, but I’d rather read than tie flies.

Bucky44

FNG
I’ve been meaning to order from Big Y Fly Co, supposedly they are all made in house in Oregon. Prices look good too but haven’t yet tried them.

another shop I’ve wanted to try was fly deal flies because you can buy a dozen at a discount and they will include 3 different sizes. Example BWO for 53c each if you get a dozen, and you can get 4 each of size 16, 18, 20.

I have purchased from Big Y Fly Co. for 20 years. Get the discount dozen. Good quality, great price.

Foggy Mountain

Lil-Rokslider
I definitely agree and am very into tying flies. But the question was how to get a bunch of flies for cheap. Tying is not the answer! Just like reloading is not the answer if you just want to get a bunch of rounds to shoot for fun. Both hobbies are great for getting a better product and being able to tailor the product directly to your needs but I don't think you end up ahead in terms of $.

My only point is that you'll spend a lot more $ to get there!!
Guess that’s the difference in some guys. I never consider reloading/tieimg, mounding, etc for expense. All about working a gun, getting exactly what I want and repeating over and over. Same for flies, bowstrings, arrows, black powder balls, besides doing it better and this is beyond discussion I feel more involved in my sports and it’s all I do anyhow.
I don’t sit down and tie 100 flies or load 100 metallic cartridges or shotshells. I do bits and pieces. Only tie on a picnic table what I need tonight we’ll say. Id know what’s emerging and get ready for it if I need to.

dtrkyman

WKR
I have used Big Y Fly a lot, no reason to tie anything they carry at those prices!

45$ and shipping is free, used them a lot when I was guiding!