Onnit 6 Bodyweight Program

b_young

FNG
Thinking about purchasing the 6 week onnit 6 bodyweight program online. Anyone tried it? Pros? Cons?

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
I've used the runtastic results app(body weight workouts) and liked it. It's cheaper than the onit and you get a bunch of individual workouts and programs. I also use the runtastic app for running and you get both with the premium.

Look up the mtnops elk fit program. It’s free and mostly runs off body weight with the option of training with a pack. I have used this program for 2 years and it’s amazing.

bgiac49

FNG
Look up the mtnops elk fit program. It’s free and mostly runs off body weight with the option of training with a pack. I have used this program for 2 years and it’s amazing.
Thanks for the mtn ops input. I was looking into it yesterday

I can't comment on the Onnit program, but the bodyweight programs by Atomic Athlete and Mountain Tactical Institute are structured well and inexpensive.

One comment - just because it is body weight doesn't mean it is easier or beginner. Some body weight exercises are more difficult to do correctly and put more stress on your body than weighted. For instance: pushups can be brutal if you are heavier and may be more stressful (and harder to do correctly without injury) than a bench press/dumbbell press. I jacked up my shoulder pushing through my first round of the MTI bodyweight program and it took a while to recover. So, go in with the understanding that those programs are all written assuming you are in moderately good shape, you have good form, and you know how to assess when you are pushing your mental toughness vs. abusing your body. Their target market is most likely a 20-30 year old gym rat / military. (MTI does have some special programs for those of us north of 45, but those are still stiff.) Personally, I limit my use of dips and pushups now. YMMV.