ONx 3D

sivart

WKR
I updated the new 3D. Unless I'm not using it right, the 3D angle is less than desirable. There isn't enough angle to really see the slopes. Wondering if this is just a starting point and it will be upgraded?

Rodéo

WKR
Just checked it out... Not sure if I'm using it right either but it' a little underwhelming for sure. I'm hoping since it's just the beta version they're still working on improvements.

It does help some and the image seems to be more crisp/HD than their normal maps in 2D mode. Strange that you can't use topo in 3D mode but I guess that makes sense for a beta release.

BuckRut

Lil-Rokslider
The web app is significantly better. On the mobile you have to zoom out a ways before the map will tilt very far.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
As others have mentioned, since this is just a Beta we are continuing to develop it so we appreciate all the feedback and input!

Due to limitations with the Apple platform, depending on what area and zoom level you are looking at will affect how much "tilt" there is currently. Check out the Web Map version (log in with your same information) and check it out there as well as you will get a better look at the area.

Thanks again!

j_volt

WKR
I updated the app and still do not have the 3D option. It seems pretty good on the web version, though.

cnelk

WKR
The 3D Beta version is a piece of sh!t.

I’m up hunting now and can’t access any of my preloaded maps when in airplane mode.

This is twice in 2 weeks that OnX has fuqed me during hunt.

I WANT TO GET RID OF THE 3D BETA SO I CAN USE MY MAPS!!!!

Cmon man.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
The 3D Beta version is a piece of sh!t.

I’m up hunting now and can’t access any of my preloaded maps when in airplane mode.

This is twice in 2 weeks that OnX has fuqed me during hunt.

I WANT TO GET RID OF THE 3D BETA SO I CAN USE MY MAPS!!!!

Cmon man.

I'll send you a message so we can troubleshoot a few things and get you up and running.

TX_Diver

WKR
I can't get the land ownership overlay in 3D on the desktop. I'm just playing with it so not critical but I'm assuming that will be addressed in the full roll out?

ZMT588

Lil-Rokslider
@onX Hunt Is there a way that we can change setting in 3d beta to use Ctrl button and have map view pivot from where "eye" is at vs using the shift button too pivot where the cursor is at on the map/screen? I find myself using the eye pivot on google maps more often than the cursor pivot.

Edit: also a compass somewhere too for map orientation?

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
@onX Hunt Is there a way that we can change setting in 3d beta to use Ctrl button and have map view pivot from where "eye" is at vs using the shift button too pivot where the cursor is at on the map/screen? I find myself using the eye pivot more often than the cursor pivot.

Edit: also a compass somewhere too for map orientation?

Thanks for the feedback! There are no settings you are able to change at this time but I'll bring those up to our team as we continue to develop it!

WCB

WKR
Why would this be released during hunting season. There are 12 months in a year. Release these things in Feb/March and work out the bugs. Before guys are trying to figure out where they are on a parcel or if the Antelope I am looking at is on public.

I've found the 3D feature super helpful. Plus I'm stoked I don't need to hop back and fourth from OnX to Google Earth or Gohunt anymore. My mobile app is up to date and doesn't seem to have a 3D feature, can somebody explain this?

Also, repeating from what's been said above, throw a damn compass on the map OnX.

OP
S

sivart

WKR
you have to do the update to download the 3D to your app

Forest

WKR
Other than a little bit better image the 3d doesnt seem to do a darn thing on the web for me. Using google chrome as suggested. How do you angle the view?? What am i missing??
I feel like this is getting rushed out thanks to Gohunt releasing theres....