OnX and garmin

How in the world do I sync my Inreach explorer and my onX? I hooked up my garmin via a usb cable to my laptop but it won’t sync. Do I need the actual chip?
I’m trying to add my waypoints to the garmin. I’m not a tech guy so I assume it’s me and not the software. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddydogs

WKR
The Inreach Explorer will not sync with Onx and the Explorer does not have an SD card slot so the chip will not work. What you need to do is download your Onx waypoints into a KML file then upload this file into the Garmin Explore app. Once the file is uploaded you will need to sync your Inreach to get the points on the unit.

muddydogs

WKR
On the Onx web site go to "My content" choose Export at the bottom and save the file. At the Garmin Explore web site choose the map tab then in the right corner under your email choose the box with the arrow that says Import. Import the file you just exported from Onx. At this point you can clean up the waypoints and tracks, change the icons. Then hook up the unit to your computer and run the sync app.

OP
rooster440
Thank you! That’s what I was trying to fight out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk