onX elite vs gohunt insider

dbarrett4053

I'm looking to purchase one of these. I have had onx before but am thinking about doing the elite subscription to get the draw odds and stuff that toprut offers. I have also heard good things about gohunt and their draw odds system BUT I have never used their mapping software on mobile. How does their mobile mapping software on Android compare to OnX? If any of you have used both, which one would you recommend?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

jarrettd

I have both. But i do not have android. Onx is definitely more user friendly both on the mobile app and the desktop. Go Hunt mapping is a little laggy. GoHunt maps can do some cool things like highlight elevations and display summer/winter patterns for herds. It only covers the western big game states. GoHunt is a little new to the game, so i would expect it to get better through the years. I prefer to use OnX in the field though. One thing about GoHunt that is HANDS DOWN worth the purchase is the applications stats. GoHunts filtering 2.0 really helps you narrow down where to apply.

shiras

In my opinion, the GoHunt UI is sort of still in beta. That may just be because I've been an onX power user for years. I'd suggest trying a free trial of both if possible.