OnX issue

LionHead

WKR
Hello

Finally picked up OnX to use this season and went out for a scout.

I saved/download maps for off line use prior to leaving the city.

On the way up the mt. Ill usually lose cell reception around 4000 ( Near Arnold,CA for those of you in the Calaveras area).

The maps and blue dot worked fine and I put my phone on airplane mode when I left the truck. The app worked for the rest of the day.

Upon waking the next morning I went to check the name of the peak I had been starring at all night. And ill I got was a white screen. OnX wouldn't load any maps or display the blue Dot. Google maps GPS was still working although it was just a pixalated green screen for a map. I drove down the hill to the Alpine lake resort and got hooked up to signal again. Never downloaded any new maps. And the App worked the rest of the weekend.

Anyone else with similar issued?

Any fixes to get maps back after your out of cell range ?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Hello @LionHead
Did your phone get switched off of Airplane mode?
As long as your maps are downloaded correctly in the Off-Grid tab (when a map is downloaded there will be a green border around the area you've saved) and you have that Go Offline tab flipped or you have your phone in airplane mode then those maps will load right up for you.
Feel free to send us a message or give us a call at 406-540-1600 and we can get more information to make sure that everything is running correctly so that you can utilize those maps out in the field.

OP
LionHead

LionHead

WKR
Hello @LionHead
Did your phone get switched off of Airplane mode?
As long as your maps are downloaded correctly in the Off-Grid tab (when a map is downloaded there will be a green border around the area you've saved) and you have that Go Offline tab flipped or you have your phone in airplane mode then those maps will load right up for you.
Feel free to send us a message or give us a call at 406-540-1600 and we can get more information to make sure that everything is running correctly so that you can utilize those maps out in the field.
Wow awesome response guys! Thanks

Yes I believe I did toggle on/off airplane mode. I just can't remember if I did that before or after I lost the maps.

Indeed the downloaded maps show the green border.

The app is pretty intuitive but some written instructions on the website would be nice, especially if toggling/on&off airplane out of cell range causes you to loose maps. It would help the visual learners like myself

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk