OnX layer help

Bluto

WKR
Starting from zero with OnX, I’ve never used it before but it mostly seems pretty intuitive. Except I can’t find the most basic hunting info for Montana nor Idaho. Are the layers for MT regions and ID elk zones called something different in OnX? I can’t for the life of me figure out how to turn them on.

MikeStrong

Lil-Rokslider
For Idaho it is the Idaho GMU layer under Idaho (Game Management Units). I can't help you with MT.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
Ah, yep, GMU’s look good, and units are available for MT as well. Just can’t find the zones and regions, respectively, I’ll keeep digging - thanks!

Are these the type if layers your looking for?
e17bccfebadbbcd4c28e052413873a28.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
Well, I found those (specifically, the districts) but still can’t find which regions are where and contain which districts.

For example, when goHunt references hunting region 2 in Montana, where is that? Which districts are in it? I’ve found a stand-alone map reference on a state wildlife webpage, but it doesn’t relate which districts each contains and can’t find the layer on OnX. Hopefully that’s a better question than my first one. At least more specific!

(For reference/comparison, I’m more familiar with elk zones in Idaho, but definitely haven’t memorized which units are in each.)

Well, I found those (specifically, the districts) but still can’t find which regions are where and contain which districts.

For example, when goHunt references hunting region 2 in Montana, where is that? Which districts are in it? I’ve found a stand-alone map reference on a state wildlife webpage, but it doesn’t relate which districts each contains and can’t find the layer on OnX. Hopefully that’s a better question than my first one. At least more specific!

(For reference/comparison, I’m more familiar with elk zones in Idaho, but definitely haven’t memorized which units are in each.)
Region/district 1 is anything in the 100's. 100-199. Region 2- anything in the 200's and so on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OP
Bluto

Bluto

WKR
Ahhhh. Easy, then - thanks!!

I was assuming it was like Idaho, which is random numbers. (Still looking for that one, but thanks for solving MT!!)