OnX maps layer wanted!!!!!!

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
Check out our MVUM layer in the app as this might have some of the information you are looking for.
Here's a link to the description of that layer. MVUM Layer information
Ok ill check it out. Thanks .Is there a way to see major road on the app? The trouble I had was getting to the forest roads.. maybe I have too many layers open but I couldn't make out road numbers or names by zooming in on the app..

ICEMAN86

FNG
Just to add some perspective here for the "mountain maggot" guys....they have just as much of a right to graze public land as we do to hunt it. Those people are out there trying to make a living to feed their families and the 99% of people that don't hunt and rely on agriculture. You are out there playing dress-up in camo on your PTO.

Also, remove all grazing and you get California right now. Do you want your unit on fire every other year or once every 10-15 years?
I have no problem at all with grazing. Only reason I put meadow/mountain maggot, whatever you want to call them is because they look like maggots moving around. Simple as that.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Ok ill check it out. Thanks .Is there a way to see major road on the app? The trouble I had was getting to the forest roads.. maybe I have too many layers open but I couldn't make out road numbers or names by zooming in on the app..

The major roads are baked into the basemap so they will populate automatically. Do you have a screenshot of what is showing so we can have a better idea of what is? feel free to email [email protected] or give us a call at 406-540-1600 and we can walk through a few things!

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
The major roads are baked into the basemap so they will populate automatically. Do you have a screenshot of what is showing so we can have a better idea of what is? feel free to email [email protected] or give us a call at 406-540-1600 and we can walk through a few things!
I'm probably just not using it correctly.. I'll play with it a little more and if I run into problems I'll email you .. thank you..

GatorGar247

Lil-Rokslider
There is something I would like .. when you double tap to show the direction you are headed I would like to be able to zoom in or out without the map flipping back around . That way you don't have to try and spin the map back the direction you are facing..

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
There is something I would like .. when you double tap to show the direction you are headed I would like to be able to zoom in or out without the map flipping back around . That way you don't have to try and spin the map back the direction you are facing..

i must agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotDraw?

WKR
GRAZING!?

The issue I see with saying that grazing controls fires is that for centuries it has always been okay if the grass and understory burn, that is the historic norm. Cows don't matter. Small stuff would burn in the summer, fires would burn off grass and move fast over the ground but the not get up in the canopy.

The Problem now is all the beetle kill. Beetle-killed trees get hit by lightning and BOOM, the fire is up in the canopy. Those fires won't stop because there is so much standing and deafall fuel, the fires burn high, hot and long and kill all the trees.

Another issue I have is that ranchers pay the Federal Government PENNIES- BASICALLY NOTHING for the right to completely denude a drainage and leave the elk with nothing to eat in the lower "wintering" ranges.

Teach cows to eat beetle-killed standing dead and snags and I'll vote all day long for grazing.

Until that happens-- giving ranchers the right to graze an entire drainage down to 3" high grass is NOT fair to the elk. What the hell are they supposed to eat in the winter? Cow shit? Plenty of that to go around.

Do you know what ranchers pay to ruin a drainage? They only pay about $1.30 per Cow/Calf combo (Animal Unit) per month for these methane machines to completely scalp and denude grazable habitat. One drainage I hunted should have been full of elk, probably 10,000+ acres-- nothing to eat. That drainage looked like The Grinch That Stole Christmas. Rancher had 400+ cows with 400+ calves-- 800+ animals in this huge drainage. There was hardly a blade of grass left. I can post pics if you want them, but all you'll see is piles of cow crap so close together you can barely walk between them and ZERO grass higher than 3".

How the hell do the Forest Service and BLM let this happen? Leaving NOTHING for the elk? For what? That rancher had 400 Animal Units in the drainage and was paying $1.30/month per Animal Unit = $520 per month to graze an entire 800+ animal herd on thousands of prime acres and the right to effectively destroy that entire drainage. The DOZENS of in state hunters and all of out of state hunters (that paid $700 EACH per license) got effed, and the elk better f'n pray hard for no snow this winter, 'cause the rancher's fat-ass cattle left them nothing but cow pies to eat.

All for $520 per month... it's damn near worse than Judas selling out.

J

Actually, I'll take the every other year option so that it's NOT like California is right now.

And Str8tshooter is right. Let's just call it what it is.

Last edited: