OnX or Basemap in the east?

BLJ

WKR
Specifically WMA/ private/ national Forest boundaries in WV. Is there one better than the other? Any experiences? I'll be using an IPhone SE.

XRoss93

FNG
I can’t speak for WV but from my experience BaseMap will do everything you need for a fraction of the cost.

Whether this means applying certain layers to dropping way points they do about the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
I should have stated that property lines are my biggest want. WV DNR doesn't offer maps of the WMA's with definitive boundaries that I'm aware of. I was hoping that one of these could help me out with that.

Accurate property lines for WMA's and Mon Nat Forest on topo maps would be great.

Bmoore

Lil-Rokslider
I hunt Maryland and Pennsylvania. Had OnX first and then switched to BaseMap because of the price. To get both states I needed the pro version and BaseMap is much cheaper than OnX. In my experience the WMA ares that I hunt in MD have been accurate. Even had a few weeks last year where th me subscriptions overlapped and looked at areas with both. Seemed to have the same property lines. So I can’t say I lot anything by switching to BaseMap. I Have really enjoyed both equally to be honest. Just like the price of BaseMap better.

XRoss93

FNG
The cost really is the big thing for most people. For the most bang for your buck you can’t beat BaseMap.

Being a working man saving time and cost is huge to me and that’s where BaseMaps just excels.

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
I’ll look into basemap. If I can get accurate property lines for a good price, that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

DrHogfan

FNG
I’ll look into basemap. If I can get accurate property lines for a good price, that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

The accuracy of most of these apps depends on the quality of county GIS data. If the county updates regularly then it’s pretty dependable.

Rimrocks

FNG
It will vary by area which is more accurate. In northeast Ohio GAIA, was much more accurate than ONX On the property lines, by like 150 feet on the property I hunt. But then for about a year someone else was listed on GAIA as the owner of part of my own property. They all have there pros and cons.

OP
B

BLJ

WKR
The accuracy of the GIS data may be a concern. I'm not sure how often that's updated around here.