Onx question

Pvjones

FNG
Don't know if this is the place for this question but...in Onx, can you use a GPS coordinate for a destination, and will it show your position relative to that GPS location?

Smokeslider

Lil-Rokslider
create way point of your desired destination. Then select way point on map screen. It will bring up a little box with way point info, select the little 3 dots in the bottom right of the way point box. This will now bring up a menu to select various options, one of which would be "go to way point". Selecting this will bring you back to map with a line to the way point and a box with direction and distance to said way point.

Pwb199

Lil-Rokslider
Yes you can use decimal or UTM depending on your settings and type it directly into the search bar.

If you type in to the search bar what format for UTM must you use? I can't get this feature to work. I am trying to type in a place here in PA. DO I need the 18T our front? Must I use 2 decimal points? Do I need the m at the end? All variants I have tried don't take me to the spot.

88man

FNG
If you type in to the search bar what format for UTM must you use? I can't get this feature to work. I am trying to type in a place here in PA. DO I need the 18T our front? Must I use 2 decimal points? Do I need the m at the end? All variants I have tried don't take me to the spot.
Let me check that out. I don't know what format you have your waypoint currently in. I like degrees decimal

88man

FNG
Buddy use decimal, it works

mmeyer214

FNG
I have a question too...I see a spot that the trail goes through private land...is there an easement or something like that for the trail? I'm new to all this.

Yes and if you use the tracker it will prove you never stepped foot on a rancher's private property...which has been helpful in de-escalating tensions for me once.