ONX question

Randle

WKR
I have messaged onx but now answer yet , leaving tonight so I want to try and get this right.
I use onx, on my hunts and leave it running all the time, the second day of my hunt the tracking feature stops working, I still get a current location but when I track my hunt for the day it doesn't show any distance travel and no track shows on the map. I am offline with a current map updated using a Samsung 10E. Any help ?

JBrew

Lil-Rokslider
I've had this happen before on an iPhone as well. Restarted the app and all was well...it was tracking, just not showing up. I believe that I saved that track before I restarted, if I remember correctly. Maybe there's a better answer, but that worked for me.

OP
Randle

Randle

WKR
Ok I will try that and see, if it helps.
Thanks

Last edited:
More than likely there is a limit on the number of track points it will take. Usually there are two options. The first is that it will stop recording. The second will overwrite what is in the track log.

JBrew is correct in that saving the track should clear the track log for the next day.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I have messaged onx but now answer yet , leaving tonight so I want to try and get this right.
I use onx, on my hunts and leave it running all the time, the second day of my hunt the tracking feature stops working, I still get a current location but when I track my hunt for the day it doesn't show any distance travel and no track shows on the map. I am offline with a current map updated using a Samsung 10E. Any help ?

The App pulls the location from your device so it generally comes down to a couple settings on the phone when there are issues with the tracker.
This page (Location Troubleshooting) breaks down a few things you can troubleshoot to ensure you get the most accurate tracker.
Good luck on your hunt!

OP
Randle

Randle

WKR
Thanks for the replies. It came down to I was leaving the app running overnight and the next day it would be inaccurate. I started closing all my apps every night and I worked great thru my whole hunt last week. Unused error corrected

I've had similar issues with my OnX app as well. I just treat the app as my map and nothing more since I've found the other features to be very unreliable.