Onx vs basemap

Joseph28

I am trying to decide which I would like to upgrade. I have played with the free version a little bit but cannot decide. Which would you recommend and why thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgasner1

Should also check out scout to hunt it’s a pretty awesome free program but I believe you need service to use it has a pile of layers with good information on it

Cant hit em

I switched to basemap from OnX. They are very similar i liked basemaps map clarity and it fit my budget better. The only thing that sucks is my hunting partner still uses Onx and i cant share maps with him, or at least i dont know how to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

caesAR15

Should also check out scout to hunt it’s a pretty awesome free program but I believe you need service to use it has a pile of layers with good information on it

Can't find Scout to Hunt on the Google Play store. I'd download if I could find it...

R_burg

I'm still using Gaia, which most people *used* to prefer to OnX. I'm happy with it, but also have no clue where the tides have turned these days.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

R_burg

OP have you seen this thread?

AZ8

Well that blows. It looks like it's got a lot going for it.

Too bad 50+% of the market (Android users) is being left unattended...
Yeah. My phone is Android, but I use an iPad at home. It’s a nice app, but I’m not dragging around my iPad out in the woods! Lol

BrendenS2H

Well that blows. It looks like it's got a lot going for it.

Too bad 50+% of the market (Android users) is being left unattended...
We hear you! Android is definitely in the works. We have plans to release for Android during this year's hunting season, but no definitive date quite yet.

You can get on the waitlist to be notified when it is released for Android here:

BrendenS2H

Thanks for the mention!

The app does in fact work offline. You can save maps as large as you need without losing map quality. At the moment you have to wait for the progress bar to complete on downloading the map before exiting the app. We're working on making the process more simple so it downloads in the background.

JRMiller

I am trying to decide which I would like to upgrade. I have played with the free version a little bit but cannot decide. Which would you recommend and why thank you

I asked the same question last week. Like seen here, it seems half like it and half dont. I have been tinkering with it and i will say that Basemap clarity is much better than Onx. And i just got a discount email from Basemap for $30 for the year, normally $40, vs Onx $100 a year, sometimes with a discount (Randy) up to %20.

OP
J

Joseph28

Does basemap also have land owner information such as name and address

BaseMap

Rokslide Sponsor
I asked the same question last week. Like seen here, it seems half like it and half dont. I have been tinkering with it and i will say that Basemap clarity is much better than Onx. And i just got a discount email from Basemap for $30 for the year, normally $40, vs Onx $100 a year, sometimes with a discount (Randy) up to %20.
BaseMap is $30 per year for the pro membership. There is a $10/year add-on that gives you the Eastmans MRS data for the western states.