Onx vs basemap

Joseph28

FNG
I am trying to decide which I would like to upgrade. I have played with the free version a little bit but cannot decide. Which would you recommend and why thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cgasner1

WKR
Should also check out scout to hunt it’s a pretty awesome free program but I believe you need service to use it has a pile of layers with good information on it

I switched to basemap from OnX. They are very similar i liked basemaps map clarity and it fit my budget better. The only thing that sucks is my hunting partner still uses Onx and i cant share maps with him, or at least i dont know how to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

caesAR15

Lil-Rokslider
Should also check out scout to hunt it’s a pretty awesome free program but I believe you need service to use it has a pile of layers with good information on it

Can't find Scout to Hunt on the Google Play store. I'd download if I could find it...

R_burg

WKR
I'm still using Gaia, which most people *used* to prefer to OnX. I'm happy with it, but also have no clue where the tides have turned these days.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member

R_burg

WKR
OP have you seen this thread?

JRMiller

WKR
I am trying to decide which I would like to upgrade. I have played with the free version a little bit but cannot decide. Which would you recommend and why thank you

I asked the same question last week. Like seen here, it seems half like it and half dont. I have been tinkering with it and i will say that Basemap clarity is much better than Onx. And i just got a discount email from Basemap for $30 for the year, normally $40, vs Onx $100 a year, sometimes with a discount (Randy) up to %20.

OP
J

Joseph28

FNG
Does basemap also have land owner information such as name and address

BaseMap

I asked the same question last week. Like seen here, it seems half like it and half dont. I have been tinkering with it and i will say that Basemap clarity is much better than Onx. And i just got a discount email from Basemap for $30 for the year, normally $40, vs Onx $100 a year, sometimes with a discount (Randy) up to %20.

BaseMap is $30 per year for the pro membership. There is a $10/year add-on that gives you the Eastmans MRS data for the western states.

Yooper

WKR
I used OnX for two seasons and finally got fed up with it. I used it in the offline mode for 95% of the time with where I hunt and it was always just slow and clunky for me. I switched to Basemap Pro this spring and I really don't have any gripes at all with it. Larger maps while working offline and the satellite imagery is better for where I'm at. After running it for the last few months I've started to suggest it to a few of my hunting friends which is something I definitely wouldn't do without being completely satisfied with it.

BaseMap

I used OnX for two seasons and finally got fed up with it. I used it in the offline mode for 95% of the time with where I hunt and it was always just slow and clunky for me. I switched to Basemap Pro this spring and I really don't have any gripes at all with it. Larger maps while working offline and the satellite imagery is better for where I'm at. After running it for the last few months I've started to suggest it to a few of my hunting friends which is something I definitely wouldn't do without being completely satisfied with it.

We appreciate the support!

BrentH

WKR
I’m currently using both BaseMap and OnX, as there are things I like about each one. Is there a way to not lose so much map detail when you go to Offline mode with BaseMap?