OnXMaps chip on Iphone?

Jimss

WKR
I'm curious if it's possible to somehow download OnXMaps chip to an Iphone or if it's possible to update to iphone once you buy a chip? It sure would be nice to use the larger screen on my Iphone than gps unit. If you are like me you struggle with the tiny little screens on most gps units. I would actually rather use a small tablet! The premium price for 1 state is $30/year so not that big of a deal I guess? I found a state chip for $70 so it would pay for itself in around 2 years. I really hate to spend a yearly fee on the Iphone app when I can buy a chip for a reasonable price. I'm aware that some chips aren't updated but for the most part most of the older chips are pretty darn close and landownership doesn't change that often.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?

Rob5589

WKR
I used the chips originally on my ETrex gps. They were basically useless due to the tiny screen. I ditched the chips and went to the online version. It's a better experience, IMO. You can find deals at 60/year for all 50 states quite often.

ericacymcdonald

Lil-Rokslider
This doesn't answer your question at all but I switched to Gaia this year after reading reviews on here and like it as much as onx. I think it's 40 a year for every state so a good savings over onx if you hunt more then one state and better in my opinion

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
I'm curious if it's possible to somehow download OnXMaps chip to an Iphone or if it's possible to update to iphone once you buy a chip? It sure would be nice to use the larger screen on my Iphone than gps unit. If you are like me you struggle with the tiny little screens on most gps units. I would actually rather use a small tablet! The premium price for 1 state is $30/year so not that big of a deal I guess? I found a state chip for $70 so it would pay for itself in around 2 years. I really hate to spend a yearly fee on the Iphone app when I can buy a chip for a reasonable price. I'm aware that some chips aren't updated but for the most part most of the older chips are pretty darn close and landownership doesn't change that often.

Anyway, what are your thoughts?
The onX Hunt Chips are not compatible with any phones; since the code is different for the Garmin GPS units than phone software, it will not recognize it since the chip is designed for stand alone GPS units. The yearly membership fee allows us to update our information, keep the app running smooth, as well as continue to add new features and we are always adding more features to provide the best tool for hunters. Feel free to shoot us a message or give us a call at 406-540-1600 if you have any other questions.