Opening day.......Would you?

OP
C
I've gotten to the point, it will take a decent OTC bull for me to drop the string the first week. I'm focused on cows and then I will chase some of the same elk I've passed to enjoy the September.

I will say, the hardest part for me is getting up at about day 5-6 after chasing them for almost a week. Then those slam dunk elk start to question your decisions.

I will be out for the opener, and it's killing me as this has been the best year for elk in there in a long time.

Gerbdog

WKR
I've gotten to the point, it will take a decent OTC bull for me to drop the string the first week. I'm focused on cows and then I will chase some of the same elk I've passed to enjoy the September.

I will say, the hardest part for me is getting up at about day 5-6 after chasing them for almost a week. Then those slam dunk elk start to question your decisions.

I will be out for the opener, and it's killing me as this has been the best year for elk in there in a long time.
Well if you'd just send over a pin, i'd be happy to get in there and take a look at let you know my opinion if i think you should take a shot at any of them the first week.....

OP
C
I have so many people id take joy in helping i almost consider my tag an inconvenience.

So pretty much if its legal its down.
With a bull like that in your Avatar, I bet you do well! I've taken a lot of guys out to get their first. I actually prefer to take them out on a rifle hunt so I don't have to work so hard.

With a bull like that in your Avatar, I bet you do well! I've taken a lot of guys out to get their first. I actually prefer to take them out on a rifle hunt so I don't have to work so hard.
Haha I appreciate that. But another very selfless hunter called that bull in for me. All I did was manage to drag my rear end thru the woods long enough for something to happen.

He's taught me alot about paying it foreword.

I really just want it to come together for my wifey this year.

I've been hunting big game for a dozen years or so, not a lot, but I've only ever killed animals that were personal bests, or at least debatable on the hoof that they were (I had one deer I misjudged a bit and he ended up being a few inches smaller than a previous deer). It's really just to challenge myself. Sometimes I eat tags, sometimes I end up filling them on cows/does. It's not a hard rule and I don't expect to follow it for the rest of my life, but that's just how it is right now.

RyanCmns

WKR
This is my 1st year with a stick bow I have yet to see something I’d pass on but hopes are high
e395f02c87fe3939de2757318536af77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWM Bhntr

FNG
I would. Good shot opportunity. Indeed. Taking my son this year on his first, he would also.

Jwknutson17

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hard not to when they are so hard to come by. I regret not shooting a few bulls opening few days just to not fill a tag that year. I would rather shoot ten 200-240" bulls 10 years in a row then go 1/10 on a 360+ bull.

NEO

FNG
Dude 2 elk tags in your pocket. I'd let it rip. I think you'll be kicking yourself. Plus a week in the elk woods your body starts to slow down and hump big loads of elk meat becomes cumbersome. My theory is do it will you still have stamina.