Operating voltage of Tactacam Reveal X?

They take 12 AA batteries. 1.5V per so I am guessing it is running at 6 volts and not 18? Looking at rigging a solar panel to mine that I already have but would need a voltage reducer wired between the panel and the camera. I have read some bad reviews on the HME panel/battery combos. Thoughts?

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
I have built a couple of homemade solar battery boxes for my taccams. On AA battery power they use somewhere around 6v to 9v depending on battery charge left, but accept 12 volts (plus a little more say up to 14v) from an external source through the bottom port.

Instead of going the diy route I strongly recommend just purchasing the tactacam branded solar panel or the larger herd 360 solar panel if u need alot of power. Even my cheapest diy setup cost me $90 and say 20 hours to build.

If you want to go the diy route, herd 360 is the best source for parts.

Brewski

Lil-Rokslider
A tip to minimize the amount of pictures without animals and therefore save batteries is make sure to not mount on small trees or limbs that are blown around in the wind. Mount the camera to a large tree trunk or a T post and then clear the grass and brush in the sensor range.

I get roughly 2500 pictures from my original reveals and 3100 pictures from my reveal x's with normal AA energizer lead batteries, but picture counts depend on alot of factors and settings.

I have built a couple of homemade solar battery boxes for my taccams. On AA battery power they use somewhere around 6v to 9v depending on battery charge left, but accept 12 volts (plus a little more say up to 14v) from an external source through the bottom port.

Instead of going the diy route I strongly recommend just purchasing the tactacam branded solar panel or the larger herd 360 solar panel if u need alot of power. Even my cheapest diy setup cost me $90 and say 20 hours to build.

If you want to go the diy route, herd 360 is the best source for parts.

I got one of the herd360 ones, and it is freakin huge. Haven't put it in use yet because it would stand out a bit too much for certain applications. Should be a true set it and forget it setup though.

I'm excited to stick a ridgetec on it and let the videos roll without worry of it burning through batteries.