Opinion/Experience with epoxy flooring for shop or garage?

xajoles

FNG
Hi All,

I'm on the cusp of buying a house and for the first time in my life,
I'll have a garage (exciting!). Since the garage is 2.5 cars, I'm going to set up a workshop there.

Right now, the floor is painted cement and the current owner has been using the garage to restore vintage MGs.

The cement is in OK shape but will need repainting at the very least in garage flooring arizona.
I like the look/idea of epoxy but have heard mixed review regarding slickness when wet.

Interested in anyone with experience with epoxy floors or alternative flooring solutions.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR

Key words to live by(in order) if you're goign to epoxy your garage.... Sweep, wash, degrease, acid etch.

If you want to avoid most of that, you can surface grind the floor and then wash out all the dust.

JeffP_Or

WKR
Key words to live by(in order) if you're goign to epoxy your garage.... Sweep, wash, degrease, acid etch.

If you want to avoid most of that, you can surface grind the floor and then wash out all the dust.

^^^ Truth.
Also, find one with some textural additives to cut down on slickness.

rayporter

WKR
had company floors that were epoxy and they had sprinkled sand or something on before it set up. it held up very well. hard use for 20 years and not a mark when i retired.