Opinion of Weatherby Rifles

amassi

WKR
i have 6 vanguards and they all shoot good but i reload so i can find what they like.But the last one i bought new on line. It has issues with the finish and the bolt does not open and close smoothly.You have to hold the bolt up to get it to work or it hangs up. I sent it back to weatherby at my cost and basically they told me that as long as it opens and closes it works as it should.I would advise not to buy one if you cant touch it first.I have a lot more to this story you are welcome to text or call 615 542-5338
Interesting first post
Welcome aboard

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

88man

FNG
well not my favorite and Ill sell you a 300 weatherby light weight with muzzle brake but I sorta like them now that they are produced in Wyoming

Bill M

FNG
Interesting first post
Welcome aboard

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
thanks i just to warn people about buying one without looking at it. I really thought weatherby would take care of it but they wouldnt

bow_hunt32

Lil-Rokslider
I have a 5 year old weatherby vanguard s2 ( the cheap one) in 300 win mag and I am very happy with it. Only one animal out of many has moved out of its tracks at some decent distances. I have had other high dollar guns and this one shoots as good as them.

What load are you running through your 300 win vanguard?

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
I was never satisfied with the accuracy of my Weatherby until I made the switch to Barnes TTSX. Not my favorite bullet, but they shoot out of that gun

I have a circa 1972 (Howa) Varmintmaster in .22-250. A beauty to behold and quite accurate to boot. It makes quick work out of whistle pigs and with a 50 grain Barnes TSX smacks central Maryland whitetails down as well.

I've considered a Mark V Accumark (range certified) in 6.5 CDMR but have not "pulled the trigger" on one yet. The .257 is sexy but too overbore for my taste. Not a big fan of the double radius but Weatherby's are lookers and shooters, for sure.View attachment 67287

Sorry about the cheesy link to the pic. I'm having a hell of a time with Imgur!
Has anyone shot the new 6.5 rpm from them? It's definitely interesting.

Just bought a Vanguard last year in 300 win mag, my first Weatherby. Thoroughly impressed and will be looking to Weatherby first when in the market for a new gun.

Grumman

WKR
I have shouldered them at the gun store and I love the fit and feel. The safety just seems weird to me. Maybe I just need to buy one and give it a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Have a vanguard s2 ss in 257wby. Not an amazing fit an finish gun but it shoots well and is a darn fine hunting rifle. Like others- ttsx reloads are my fav

Have a vanguard s2 ss in 257wby. Not an amazing fit an finish gun but it shoots well and is a darn fine hunting rifle. Like others- ttsx reloads are my fav

In all fairness the vanguards are really a Howa and not a “real” Weatherby.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Sorry- just went with the name stamped on the barrel. Seems like some others have posted on the vanguards too.

I bought it for the caliber/round - never liked the older gawdy wbys but wouldn’t be upset about the better bolt

Sorry- just went with the name stamped on the barrel. Seems like some others have posted on the vanguards too.

I bought it for the caliber/round - never liked the older gawdy wbys but wouldn’t be upset about the better bolt

Weatherby has updated their imagine and rifles with their move to Wyoming.

gjs4

Lil-Rokslider
Seriously posed; Are they better now than before? Isn’t s2 dated tech?