Opinion Request - BA/Tarptent

Hey guys,

Looking for opinions on the BA Agnes Copper Spur HV UL2 vs. the Tarptent Double Rainbow. I will be using this primarily as a solo shelter, but with the option to sleep another guy if needed. I like the idea of a little extra space, my 1P tent at 19 sq. ft. isn't enough for me. Trying to buy once, cry once. Any insights or less than advertised pros/cons of each would be greatly appreciated. Primary use will be September in Colorado and maybe October in Idaho if the weather is decent.

Thanks!

No experience with the Double Rainbow but used my Copper Spur 2 on several trips during sept as a solo shelter. It’s perfect for 1 man and gear.

No way I’m putting another dude in there unless it’s a survival situation....and being a fireman I’m used to close quarters with buddies. CS2 just doesn’t have the room for 2 grown ass men.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Copper Spur 3 would be a much better option if you had to add a guy during a trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The DR is not a 2 man tent unless you don't mind sleeping up against each other. It is a great 1 man and gear tent. I use it with my wife. Wouldn't want to use it with another guy. You really need a 3 person tent for 2 men and gear.

OP
M
The DR is not a 2 man tent unless you don't mind sleeping up against each other. It is a great 1 man and gear tent. I use it with my wife. Wouldn't want to use it with another guy. You really need a 3 person tent for 2 men and gear.

Truthfully I have no intention of using it as a 2-man, would only be in an emergency.

Beendare

WKR
I've seen both as I have buddies that own them...but never slept in either. I do have a Tarptent [disc model] for about 15 years, its excellent....still going strong. 2#4oz all in with floor, bug mesh.

Heres what you see comparing both tents in person; The quality of the US made Tarptent is much better than the cheap BA Chinese made stuff.

OP
M
I've seen both as I have buddies that own them...but never slept in either. I do have a Tarptent [disc model] for about 15 years, its excellent....still going strong. 2#4oz all in with floor, bug mesh.

Heres what you see comparing both tents in person; The quality of the US made Tarptent is much better than the cheap BA Chinese made stuff.

Fair, going Tarptent then, thanks!