Opinions and questions

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The only way to really put a little bit of a dent in local wolf populations is to trap. Guys are successful up North and over in Alaska practicing proper wolf trapping.

Shraggs

WKR
I wish I could hunt wolves in my home or neighboring states. I’d be out now. I can’t drive halfway across the country, in the winter, to hunt something that is as hard to hunt as a wolf. I have limited time off, and limited money, just can’t do it.

I’d be all for going to Idaho, Montana or Wyoming via plane or driving, to hunt with a hunting buddy where all I had to do is get myself out there, I’d offer the same if we could shoot wolves here, but we can’t. I just don’t have the equipment or knowledge I know I need to drive out to western Idaho in January and hope to connect.

In fact this is the first year I plan on heading west primarily for predator hunting, but I’m only going to SD/eastern WY or MT, any more driving than that and it becomes too much for me.

At least you guys out west can shoot them. Numbers are bordering on ridiculous here in WI, right in my back yard. I cut a fresh wolf track almost every time I’m out skiing, been stalked by packs hunting turkeys, not at all uncommon to see some.

Ditto!

OP
Deadfall

Deadfall

WKR
The Feds killed them all off once by carpet bombing the West with strychnine. If there were wide interest among the gen pop to repeat that result, it would happen. Hunting them isn’t going to make a dent biologically speaking, but more power to y’all.
Different time and more space back then cover with less people.