Opinions: Inflatable SUP

Poser

WKR
In the market for an Inflatable Standup Paddle Board. Casual/social use on the river. These things are pretty expensive. I checked the local outdoor exchange shop and the used ones were a $1000+

Anybody with experience have any suggestions? Anything decent to be had in the sub $500 range?

2ski

WKR
They aren't inflatable but Costco sells a SUP for around 700 I want to say. I like it. I think I've seen inflatables for around 500.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

OP
P

Poser

WKR
They aren't inflatable but Costco sells a SUP for around 700 I want to say. I like it. I think I've seen inflatables for around 500.

Yeah, I really need an inflatable as I have nowhere to store one right now. I've seen some on Amazon in the $400-600 range for the kits, I just don't want to buy one that I'll end up hating. Amazon.com : PEAK Inflatable Stand Up Paddle Board with Adjustable Paddle, Travel Backpack and Coil Leash, 128 x 31 x 6-Inches, Blue : Sports & Outdoors

2ski

WKR
I'll check with my cousin. She bought one that I think she really likes.

CAhunter

Lil-Rokslider
Poser, the wife and I purchased a NRS 10'6" (6" thick) inflatable SUP this spring. It was on sale for approximately $800. We just had it on Lake Tahoe this weekend and have used it a handful of other times. For the most part we really like it. It isn't quite as stable of platform as a solid SUP and you feel the chop just a little more but it isn't terrible. It takes about 5 minutes to inflate manually with a pump and at 15 psi is very rigid. The ease of transporting it is awesome. I would recommend one.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
Poser, the wife and I purchased a NRS 10'6" (6" thick) inflatable SUP this spring. It was on sale for approximately $800. We just had it on Lake Tahoe this weekend and have used it a handful of other times. For the most part we really like it. It isn't quite as stable of platform as a solid SUP and you feel the chop just a little more but it isn't terrible. It takes about 5 minutes to inflate manually with a pump and at 15 psi is very rigid. The ease of transporting it is awesome. I would recommend one.

You had it out on a river with any rapids?

Takem

WKR
Bought my wife a 10'6" Red Paddle Co SUP at a airkayaks.com. Hers was in the $1,000 price range but I just checked and they have some clearance boards. The Red Paddle Board has been good but we haven't had it in any rapids just tidal water here in the delta.