Opinions on Canada Moose Hunts/guides

I have just started to look in to doing a Canada Moose hunt in the next couple of years or so. Looking for advice from people with experience up there as far as what areas and suggested guides. Lots of guides can have fancy websites but you never know if they are as good as they say they are. What provinces do you recommend? Ontario, Quebec, NB, NFL? Does anyone have guides they have been with that they recommend. When you save up as long as I have you just want to feel good about the choice you make. lol.

Truaxdw

Lil-Rokslider
I think one of the first things to consider is what kind of hunt do you want. Horseback? Backpack? Or more of a lodge setting? Do you want to drive or fly in?

I agree with the above post. Canada is so diverse you really have to decide on what you want from things like hunt method, remoteness, size and other things. Having a budget may also change things. Canadian moose hunts can range from under $10k to over $20k depending on location and such.

OP
J
I would prefer drive in as opposed to fly in. Back pack or lodge style would be fine with me. (Not a huge fan of horses.) As far as budget I would like to keep in in the under 10k range.

tex0373

Lil-Rokslider
We head out Nov 19th to Alberta with an outfitter in the Peace River Valley. I will let you know.

OP
J
Thanks for the responses everyone. Im now leaning towards NL or possibly Alberta fly in hunts. Does anyone have any experience with any good guides in that area that you would recommend? Thanks in advance.

I heard lots of good things about all the NL guides. The only bad story about NL I ever heard was a guide called 'Gander River'. He's all over FB advertising, and 1 guy blasted him on a forum. But other than that, I heard great stories all over NL. Talking to hunters at airports, etc.
Just be aware, all the locals road hunt. They have ATV's or side by sides, and they will run every accessible dirt road in an entire zone. If you're adventurous, do a fly in hunt.