Opinions on feedback

E Butler

Lil-Rokslider
Asking for some opinions on wether I should post a negative feedback on a member for backing out on a sale? I posted up a pair of Binoculars and the member offered me a price with out even using the private message option. I send him a counter on the price and he accepts the deal. He states he will send a money order the next morning with a tracking number. After not receiving a text witch was agreed on by 1:00 I texted him to check and see if everything went ok. He texts me back and says he looked at his account and feels like he did not have enough funds so he is backing out of the deal. At first I was like well that sucks but if he doesn’t have the money he doesn’t have the money and a couple weeks later he posted a WTB add for 10X50 binoculars. That is when I started to get Pi——ed. Should I post a negative feedback on him?

a couple weeks later he posted a WTB add for 10X50 binoculars

That's a pay period. A lot can change financially in two weeks. He probably thinks he burned a bridge with you, you've already sold your glass, or any number of reasons, but I try to give folks the benefit of the doubt. If he wasn't clearly trying to scam you or do anything dishonest with you with the goal of defrauding you, just chalk it up to the cost of doing business on the internet. It's probably not your first flaky buyer and it won't be your last.

Also I think this sub-forum is for providing feedback to the Rokslide staff about the site/forum as opposed to feedback about members in the classifieds, but I could be wrong

Vinootz

Banned
Asking for some opinions on wether I should post a negative feedback on a member for backing out on a sale? I posted up a pair of Binoculars and the member offered me a price with out even using the private message option. I send him a counter on the price and he accepts the deal. He states he will send a money order the next morning with a tracking number. After not receiving a text witch was agreed on by 1:00 I texted him to check and see if everything went ok. He texts me back and says he looked at his account and feels like he did not have enough funds so he is backing out of the deal. At first I was like well that sucks but if he doesn’t have the money he doesn’t have the money and a couple weeks later he posted a WTB add for 10X50 binoculars. That is when I started to get Pi——ed. Should I post a negative feedback on him?
Why get pissed? What’s the big deal? Some people aren’t the most courteous when dealing with others. I ignore people like that.
Quite frankly I wouldn’t even trade with someone I didn’t know. Heck I only buy new
and keep everything I buy. If I get rid of it I give it to a friend, family or someone that I could help by giving a gift. You make it sound as if you got cheated out of $10,000 or whatever. LMAO

OP
E Butler

E Butler

Lil-Rokslider
I guess you have a long list of people you gave top end binoculars to since $1500-2000 is nothing to you. The man made a deal in writing and didn’t even let me know he changed his mind. I had to text him and see what was going on.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I guess you have a long list of people you gave top end binoculars to since $1500-2000 is nothing to you. The man made a deal in writing and didn’t even let me know he changed his mind. I had to text him and see what was going on.

Man people are flakes. I don't ever say SPF on a thread. My experiences here have been mostly positive. I either get the money or not, at the point I do I will lock it down. Haggleing of prices and people flaking is kinda standard operating procedure on forums. Everyone wants it until they have to pony up the money. The first $ in my paypal is the person who gets the item.