Opinions on First Lite Clothing

WyoWrangler

Lil-Rokslider
Been wearing my Klamath for a couple days, and it’s easily became my favorite hoodie. I own a few different Sitka pieces with hoods, which I thought were the standard for hoods. I’ve found I like the hood on this piece more for this type of layer. It works well for me with a t shirt for every day wearing. I’ve tried layering a long sleeve merino baselayer and that seems like it will be a awesome setup for cold days hiking. I’m 5’9, 175 lbs and I purchased a large. The construction seems on point, as everyone says the sleeves are a tad long but not enough to turn me away. Bought my girlfriend the kiln and she’s pretty small so we were undecided about sizing. Didn’t get the right one, so went through the exchange process, which was one of the best I’ve dealt with. Will definitely be purchasing more products, especially base layers from them.

LRHunter

FNG
Good day everyone. So I wanted to reach out to those in this forum to discuss First Lite gear. So I live in Northern Alabama so a lot of the hunting I do is from a tree stand. I occasionally partake in Elk hunts in New Mexico so if I am looking into different clothing I try to find something that can transition between both hunting situations. Not saying you can get a perfect match but you can get close. I currently use Sitka and I really do like their product. Very expensive but I like it. I have been thinking of ordering a few pieces of First Lite just to see how the product fits, feels and performs. Now unfortunately I don't order any pants from any of the vendors listed here because I am a very odd body size and the pants will not work for me unless I have them altered and there is just something about altering pants that cost hundreds of dollars. Now I am not here to get into the debate about the different camo patterns or not needing camo at all etc. I am just looking for opinions based on peoples experience while using the gear, things like customer service, integrity of the product, etc. Thanks for your input.
Not sure why altering is a big deal. If you go buy a 5k suit it will be altered to custom fit you. A good seamstress will make sure you FL fits you perfectly as well.

I am a huge fan of First lite and have been for a long time. I think that they have the top of the line picks when it comes to Merino based clothing and base layers. I also use First Lite Jackets and pants as well. I have heard some people mention that they have had durability issues with First Lite clothing. This is not the case for me . I have never had an issue with First Lite as far as durability is concerned and I tend to put a lot of strain on my gear. The only issue that I have had is that sometimes the sizing of the clothing can be inconsistent/confusing. With that being said anytime that I have had an issue when it comes to sizing FL has been awesome and completely understanding as long as you follow the exchange/return guidelines that they set out. Also another really cool thing that I enjoy about First Lite is that even thought they are a top of line clothing company in the hunting industry they still have that small business feel. Anytime that I have called to ask any questions they have been more than willing to ask questions and just shoot the shit with me. Another thing that I really admire is that they sell about 99% of their clothing in a few different solid colors that I really enjoy. I have a lot of FL clothing that I wear just casually as well because I find it so comfortable. I used to be one of those that just didn't understand the use for spending my hard earned money on hunting cloths. After I first tried some of their clothing I really do not think I could ever go back.