Opinions on index release???

evan711

Lil-Rokslider
Hi just curious on opinions, im currently shooting a spothogg wise guy rigid but am thinking about getting a web connect release. Anyone have experiences with other brands like Stan,carter or something along those lines? Looking for recommendations i need something reliable in all weather conditions from mild to wild lol.

Last edited:

OctoberGold

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Carter RX1 and recently picked up a Like Mike 2. I've been using the LM2 to work on my shot execution, but the RX1 will be on my wrist for hunting. I have no experience with Stans or Spot Hoggs so I cant compare there. I will say that the Carters are on a completely different level than any of the cheaper caliper style releases that I have used over the years.

The B3 Archery, Hawk Flex release (web connect) has proven excellent n my one yr of use. I'd used Scott Archery Itty Bitty Goose releases for hunting for about 15 years and found the B3 Hawk to provide superior accuracy with the hook style vs jaw. The Hawk also uses a sear style (like a rifle) release mechanism which works better for a crisper release vs the toggle mechanism on the IB Goose.

B3 Archery was formed by former Scott Archery people that started B3 Archery after Scott was purchased by "The Outdoor Group", owners of Elite bows, Scott release, Winner's Choice bowstrings and a few other archery related companies. Made in KY.

WKR
I'm a big fan of the Carter Like Mike. I feel like most index releases are far too light of a trigger pull, and thus will induce target panic. Scott index releases give me target panic just looking at them...

I really like the Like Mike fwiw.

KitsapDan

FNG
Tru-Fire Hardcore Buckle w/fold back. Strictly range shooting right now. Had a pretty ancient Tru-Ball of unknown model name I got with a bunch of other stuff. That works well too.

made the switch for the hook feature on the newer release v the pincer action on the older release. Just faster & easier to deal with.

no complaints.

TheTone

WKR
I’ve used a carter two shot with a heavy spring for over a decade. I had a backup one until my wife decided she wanted to start shootings a bow. I’ve been looking at a like mike 2 for the open hook just for a little easier/quicker loop hookup

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
Carter Like Mike II, I’m a lot more accurate with it over the Stan Perfex I had, it’s all preference but it’s a web connect, Scott strap with a hair trigger, zero creep or travel.

Rob5589

WKR
What about the Stan do you prefer over the carter?
Nicer trigger in feel and pull, easier adjustments, better attachment to the wrist strap. The Carter was coming apart where the wrist strap and webbing attached within 3 days of use. The Stan has an aluminum block that cinches the webbing down.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the Stan is a Sear and a half, the rest are single sear. Correct me if I’m wrong. I’ve shot the tuff guy, wise guy and LM2. I haven’t shot the Stan but I can’t imagine it’s much different. Depending how you shoot, my LM2 isnt really command shot trigger, I shoot it with the same back tension style principle as the back strap except the BS the trigger is full engaged.

NY12020

FNG
How do you all like the flex connection instead of a rigid one? All i have ever used is rigid type; is the flex tough to get a hold of in the heat of the moment? Just curious if the head really flops around or if its not too bad.

Zac

WKR
A lot of people really like the B3 Hawk as well. Saw Bodie shooting one of them recently on ElkShape.

BBob

WKR
How do you all like the flex connection instead of a rigid one? All i have ever used is rigid type; is the flex tough to get a hold of in the heat of the moment? Just curious if the head really flops around or if its not too bad.
All I shoot anymore are flexible and have for many many years. I don’t like the rigid. No issues for me when it comes time to grab it to shoot, don’t even think about it. I like to use the head much closer to my hand (strap shortened up) than most rigid’s will allow so that’s a big reason why I shoot them.

In order of preference I currently have Stan, Carter and Tru-Ball

Last edited:
I’d vote for like mike. You have the ability to set it so hard it feels like it will never go off. It’s adjustability is fantastic