Opinions - Sitka vs Kuiu

jdlusk

FNG
Hey guys - I know conditions are relevant but wanted broad level opinion

Sitka Jetstream Va Kuiu Guide jacket?

Sitka timberline pants vs Kuiu Guide pants?

Thanks for any tips!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rommy

Lil-Rokslider
Hey guys - I know conditions are relevant but wanted broad level opinion

Sitka Jetstream Va Kuiu Guide jacket?

Sitka timberline pants vs Kuiu Guide pants?

Thanks for any tips!

Sitka jetstream is IMO far superior to the kuiu guide jacket. It’s got a windstopper layer so it’s warmer and extremely water resistant. The guide jacket let’s wind in like a sieve. The jetstream is extremely expensive though, $350 I think which is insane.

As far as the guide pants vs timberline I don’t have either but I know most guys love their timberline pants more than any other pants.

Kotaman

WKR
I have all of the pieces listed above and refer the Jetstream to the Guide. As far as the pants go, these two are very different as the Guides are lined and the Timberlines are not. A similar Sitka pant to the Guide is the Dakota pant. The Timberlines are my favorite “do all” Pants.

Trial153

WKR
Jetstream jacket is the cats ass. It's my most used sitka jacket by far.

Think you'd compare the timberline's to the talus or axis hybrids from kuiu. Both have water proof knees and butt, with the talus having water proof material were you would wear a gaiter.

I have lots of use with the talus Hybrids and they are super durable, I've busted thorny nasty brush, slid in my ass down rocky slopes and they have held up. The waterproof areas have done great in slushy snow the powder snow.

Waiting on axis hybrids to show up. They seem to have a little more insulation that the talus pants. But don't have the waterproof lower leg area.

Just my thoughts on the kuiu side of things for pants I don't think you can go wrong with any of them, with timberline's I mean you can get them used for like $120 and everyone seems to swear by them. Same goes for the Jetstream think one just sold for 175$ in the classified section, I love mine have it in my pack from March to November.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

The guide jacket let’s wind in like a sieve.
Agreed on that Guide jacket, and it's not lightweight enough for a sieve. I prefer my Mountain pants for a weather situation over the Kuiu Attack or Guide. The big deal for me is the reinforced nylon knees and butt on the Mountain, I don't use the knee pads. For me I don't feel the brushed inner pant leg adds enough warmth to warrant it. If I need insulation I'm either wearing a base layer all day and/or suiting up with a puffy pant.

prm

WKR
The Axis Hybrid is very similar to the Guide, but much better wind blocking. Larger diameter sleeves too. Haven’t tried a Jetstream to compare.

I'd pick the Jetstream over the Guide jacket, but I'd take the Guide pants over the Timberlines.

For cold weather, that is.