Optics and Ammo LLC Warning

EastMT

WKR
What’s he claiming? Breach of contract for ordering something he doesn’t have and canceling via credit card? I would start by going to 24hr forum, here, collect every horror story, get the vortex info to prove he is selling stuff he doesn’t have.

The problem is if you don’t show, he wins. That’s the game he’s playing, you don’t want to use vacation, miss a hunting trip, so you’ll just pay the amount and move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EastMT

WKR
Any lawyers on here? Chris Eustice is now trying to sue me in small claims court.

I’m no lawyer, but I’d be looking into this angle. Fraud that he’s even sells what you tried to buy, proof that he’s a dealer, proof of his prior purchases of said item, etc etc.

I’d be looking into punitive damages, ruined a trip from fraudulent sales, cost of travel for a frivolous suit, etc. I’m hard headed, I’d fight it all the way, asking for max small claims against him, requesting invoices for previous sales/purchases of the item you ordered as proof that he’s ever had it before.

My guess is he picks people far enough away that it’s not in their interest to show up, so he wins by default. I doubt he’d sue anyone local, because they would show up
7570091c6024ea0a39fd7e38fdc31501.jpg

EastMT

WKR
Yup he has that BS contract, I’d fight it from the fraud angle, print off all the BBB info, counter sue for emotional stress, cost of travel, print off all the forums, show up with so much evidence that shows all his BS there’s no denying it.

If he did order it for you, he will have back order receipts. AR15, 24hour, Rockslide all have this, BBB, should be enough to prove that he is a fraud and has no intention of filling, using his “contract” as a trap to scare people into walking away.

I am wanting to be careful with pulling specific info from the forums because this idiot will then try to go after and sue those people for some kind of BS. He pretty much spends his time suing people in hopes that they don't respond so he can win. This guy is going to be a career criminal and one of those types who will sue for everything even when he is locked up. i have sufficient evidence to have the case dismissed but i would like to get a lawyer to review the information to make sure i do not incriminate myself and explain more about the punitive piece. This guy cost me a vacation that i was going to take this week.

tdhanses

WKR
I’m no lawyer, but I’d be looking into this angle. Fraud that he’s even sells what you tried to buy, proof that he’s a dealer, proof of his prior purchases of said item, etc etc.

I’d be looking into punitive damages, ruined a trip from fraudulent sales, cost of travel for a frivolous suit, etc. I’m hard headed, I’d fight it all the way, asking for max small claims against him, requesting invoices for previous sales/purchases of the item you ordered as proof that he’s ever had it before.

My guess is he picks people far enough away that it’s not in their interest to show up, so he wins by default. I doubt he’d sue anyone local, because they would show up
7570091c6024ea0a39fd7e38fdc31501.jpg

I’d also point out his history in court and recent loss to Vortex.

tdhanses

WKR
He is claiming the breach of contract angle, and that I had sent him harassing emails, phone calls and texts. Within the citation he has someone else's phone number. He is full of sh*t, but now I have to waste my time responding to this bullsh*t.
I’d also contact the local D.A. especially since they have a current investigation.

OP
Fartrell Cluggins
I am wanting to be careful with pulling specific info from the forums because this idiot will then try to go after and sue those people for some kind of BS. He pretty much spends his time suing people in hopes that they don't respond so he can win. This guy is going to be a career criminal and one of those types who will sue for everything even when he is locked up. i have sufficient evidence to have the case dismissed but i would like to get a lawyer to review the information to make sure i do not incriminate myself and explain more about the punitive piece. This guy cost me a vacation that i was going to take this week.

How is this costing you vacation? I would think the courts would allow reasonable time to assemble a defense.

Thunderer

Lil-Rokslider
OP - His responses threatening lawsuits appear to be all bluster and posturing. He will spend more money trying to serve you than he is out of pocket. Process servers aren't cheap. Also - make sure nobody at your home signs for any registered mail, and do not state your name or confirm your identity to anybody you do not know. Multiple attempts to serve you will run his costs up a few hundred dollars each time.

Although it can be fun and entertaining; I would also stop engaging him in any electronic form of communication, including phone calls, text, and email. Anything you say can and will be held against you. If you say somthing that can be taken out of context in any way, it will.

tdhanses

WKR
OP - His responses threatening lawsuits appear to be all bluster and posturing. He will spend more money trying to serve you than he is out of pocket. Process servers aren't cheap. Also - make sure nobody at your home signs for any registered mail, and do not state your name or confirm your identity to anybody you do not know. Multiple attempts to serve you will run his costs up a few hundred dollars each time.

Although it can be fun and entertaining; I would also stop engaging him in any electronic form of communication, including phone calls, text, and email. Anything you say can and will be held against you. If you say somthing that can be taken out of context in any way, it will.
My guess is the last guy was served.

Thunderer

Lil-Rokslider

Join date of 9-14-2020 with a name similar to the guy whom the thread is about? Tell me it's a pseudo-pseudonym....

How much is he claiming in damages? Do you have access to a friend or coworker that is a corporate attorney? It may be worth paying a few hundred bucks for an hour to review the documents with you in person and game plan a defense if the damages could hurt. If I was in your shoes (assuming I was legally served), I would file a countersuit immediately for breach of implied duty of good faith and fair dealing. SC court is a funny because its sophomoric, no lawyers allowed, and you get to bring all your evidence to court with you that day. From my experience, the judges see cases mostly based on emotion or landlord/tenant disputes. If you walk in with an argument that has sound logic, and aligns with the common interpretation of law, you will do just fine.

If you choose to file a countersuit; Keep the text in your complaint to the bare minimum. Hold the bulk of your evidence back so you can present it to the magistrate/judge on court day. Chris shouldn't have time to think up a defense because he will only be allowed to review it just a few minutes prior to being called up.

Most SC courts typically allow virtual trials if the plaintiff or respondent is not from the geographical area, so your out of pocket expenses should be minimal.

The refund policy is pretty comical and clearly written by himself without the help of legal counsel. In fact, it looks like he copy and pasted his general T&C's from somewhere else because they are poorly written legalese with grammatical errors. I would take this to meaning that he cannot afford an attorney, and going to superior court would hurt him. Keep in mind that you can always appeal to superior court if you lose SC. Good luck.

OP
Fartrell Cluggins
I am not C. Eustice - He is suing me for around 10k, I don't have any legal connections in TX unfortunately. Eustice has filed a ton of frivolous suits in Harris County and is infamous with the courts. He gives sworn testimony that he cannot afford the legal fees and then gets out of paying the $50 fee and the $25 fee for serving the warrant. This particular court does not allow virtual nor telephonic attendance which means i will have to travel to Houston.

I have created a GoFundMe if anyone is interested in helping. https://www.gofundme.com/f/legal-fe...dium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1
Can you post a copy of some of the papers you were served? How is this suit costing you vacation?

Oh, and after Go Fund Me shut down the fund for Kyle Rittenhouse, I made the decision to never donate through their platform again.

Fatcamp

WKR
I am not C. Eustice - He is suing me for around 10k, I don't have any legal connections in TX unfortunately. Eustice has filed a ton of frivolous suits in Harris County and is infamous with the courts. He gives sworn testimony that he cannot afford the legal fees and then gets out of paying the $50 fee and the $25 fee for serving the warrant. This particular court does not allow virtual nor telephonic attendance which means i will have to travel to Houston.

I have created a GoFundMe if anyone is interested in helping. https://www.gofundme.com/f/legal-fe...dium=copy_link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Seems legit.

EastMT

WKR
Can you post a copy of some of the papers you were served? How is this suit costing you vacation?

Oh, and after Go Fund Me shut down the fund for Kyle Rittenhouse, I made the decision to never donate through their platform again.

If you have to travel for work, most employers don’t allow paid time off work for court on top of your vacation days, so you burn vacation days or go unpaid.

Grapeseed

FNG
Why in the world did this thread not pop up when i Googled "opticsandammo scam" after getting a bad feeling initially about this guy??

I started this account just to come on here and reinforce what others have said. Before i hit the Order button, i emailed Christopher Eustice and asked "are you sure you REALLY have this item in stock?" (Camo version of the Eotech 512) and he replied with "Yes it's available". That was 3 weeks ago, and the funds have been withdrawn from my account since then. Got the same "credit card machine issues" nonsense and sent a payment through Zelle. I sent a follow-up email late last week to check on the status, and today he replies with this line of BS:
"We’ve been dealing with a backorder issue. We found this is [sic] stock with a third party and we will need you to pay us for the price difference which includes additional shipping charges of $25.99 and an additional product cost of $76.50."

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!! Looks like i'll be out of this money without a significant effort on my part
File a complaint with the FBI if you still have not received your money. It's not just about your loss but about the loss others have experienced. https://www.ic3.gov/Home/FileComplaint

Brooks

WKR
I had an experience with an Optics company called Bear Basin Outfitters in California.... No good. They claimed they had the spotter I was looking for but they were lying about it. I never got any confirmation, then they said it was Covid . I went to my bank and they got my $2400 back. I got it all straightened out and bought the spotting scope I was wanting from Cameraland....100% happy. After that deal I don’t just by from anyone selling on the internet,

Grapeseed

FNG
Folks, be careful who you do business with. This company has some very bad BBB reviews and quite a few people on other forums have said that they have had bad dealings with the company. Do research before you order from an unknown entity.

So apparently Zelle is only a “friends & family” money transferring app (another red flag i failed to notice!) and as such there is no recourse or way for them to recover the funds, they offer zero purchase protection so all they can do is contact his bank and inform them of his asshattery. So now it’s up to Visa and my bank to sort it out. :eyeroll:
Wrong, he banks with US Bank and they offer Zelle for free.