Optics delima?

I know..iIknow... another help me decide post..sorry.

So I know swaro is the best for binos. However I can currently get vortex uhd 12x50's for $1150 brand new.

I currently dont have a spotter and if i get new binos a spotter wont be in the budget for a couple years. Im currently running 12x buno made by Brunton. Only thing i dont like about them is bulk. The new vortex are quiet abit smaller and lighter then my current set up.

One reason a spotter isnt high on priority is Im not too picky when it comes to my bucks and bulls. However it would be nice for antelope.

Last edited:
Look for used Swarovski's
Even if they are lower magnification then the Vortx, the optical clarity and brightness will allow you to see more detail.

OP
HuntInWild88
The Meopta Meostar 12x50's (call for special pricing) or the Swarovski SLC 10x42 (which are on sale for $1,599.00) tripod mounted may be the way to go. If you've never tripod mounted your binoculars then you're losing out on quality. Once you tripod mount a 10x binocular the need for a hand held 12x seems a waste
I tripod mount my 12xs now. When available and in "glassing"mode.

I know..iIknow... another help me decide post..sorry.

So I know swaro is the best for binos. However I can currently get vortex uhd 12x50's for $1150 brand new.

I currently dont have a spotter and if i get new binos a spotter wont be in the budget for a couple years. Im currently running 12x buno made by Brunton. Only thing i dont like about them is bulk. The new vortex are quiet abit smaller and lighter then my current set up.

One reason a spotter isnt high on priority is Im not too picky when it comes to my bucks and bulls. However it would be nice for antelope.

Have you looked through the Vortex? How are they for you? If you like them, get them. A super clear pair of 10x's will not give more detail than a pair of pretty good 12x's.

I have a pair of 10x Swaro's and a pair of "inferior" 15x's. I use the 15's way more for long term glassing and searching. The 10's are for quick reference or when the 15's aren't out and being used.