Optics for Hunting Part 2: What We AREN’T Looking For:

RUTTIN

WKR
So is this why some people can see more clearly through one brand of optic better than others, because our eyes are all shaped different? Just a question in my little brain. Great article BB.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Great write up Matt. Thanks for dumbing down the science behind the optics for us laymen.

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I believe I recall BB saying one time that the worst thing he ever did for optics viewing was learning how to see CA. I'm afraid that's going to happen to me now. Pretty soon I'll be forced into the really expensive glass because I know what to look for. Thanks a lot BB!!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I understand the topic might be a bit dry, but I hope the article will be a good reference for Roksliders when we get to picking apart optics and using the big words.

MOHunter, you are right. When it comes to CA, ignorance is bliss. Unfortunately, I have trained myself to look for it, and see it easily. CA control can really separate the best from the near best though. Some of the newest designs do a really good job of controlling it.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Good read and great reference, Matt! It was easy to follow, and gave names to some of the experiences I have had as I upgraded glass over the years. Thanks!