Optics for the new bang stick...

OP
TexDoc

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
The mark 5 does not even compare to anything in the vx line. As someone stated above, more robust and reliable. VX 5 and VX 6 dials feel and react like junk compared to the mark 5. If it’s in your budget, I’d go mark 5 over vx 5 or 6 any day.
Nightforce nx8 line is another relatively lightweight (for what you’re getting) option.
I own a mark 5 and an nx8. I’d be hard pressed to choose a favorite between the two.
Decision made after looking through several over the past few days and shooting with a few. Leupold MK5 HD purchased. Thanks for all the input guys, it helped!

King Kong

FNG
Decision made after looking through several over the past few days and shooting with a few. Leupold MK5 HD purchased. Thanks for all the input guys, it helped!
What was the weight on the MK5? I see it listed at 37 oz which is pretty beefy. Was the glass that much better?

King Kong

FNG
I only ask because I am in the same boat as far as shopping for glass to go on a new rifle. I would love to hear what was more appealing about the mk5 vs the others that were mentioned in the thread. Thanks!

Cynoscion

Lil-Rokslider
I believe the 3.6-18x44 model, which is what I have, weighs in around 26oz. The glass is good but the main thing is that it’s built like a tank. Everything about it is robust and feels like it will last forever. I’m a huge fan of the elevation turret on the Mk5 line as well.

OP
TexDoc

TexDoc

Lil-Rokslider
What was the weight on the MK5? I see it listed at 37 oz which is pretty beefy. Was the glass that much better?
I also opted for the 3.6-18x44 at 26ozs. Sitting on top of a carbon stock, Proof Carbon barrel, and Defiance AnTi action the overall setup is the lightest gun of its type (purpose) in my lineup. The glass is essentially the same as on the VX5 or 6 so not a lot of difference there, nor did I find much difference between it and the Euro glass but I'm sure many here will disagree. For the price point, glass, and features (as noted above by another member, it's built to last), I was sold. I also love the fact that it is designed, milled, and built, in the US.